forum

[invalid] Offline play?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +14
Topic Starter
deyv
Hello guys, I've been play OSU for 3 weeks and I LUV ET. But a feature I'd like to have on OSU is the ability to play offline and have it count towards your performance, accuracy, and level. I know I'm probably the only one that will actually complain about this . . . But sometimes there's no internet, (don't ask why) I would no life OSU for about 1 hour. I would notice that nothing is happening to my level, accuracy, and performance. It's actually not even there. Also when I would sometimes get an S or SS rank it actually doesn't even stay there when I restart OSU. Could you allow us to have it count offline? Bai.
Chamelo
If offline play counts, we'll see someone's pp rise up too fast for sure.

Think about hacker/those who use a speed hack program.
Nathanael
Offline play is available and you just need to log-out. Why would you even need an offline stats?
farhann215
did you look at the login screen any "Play Offline" button? well, if you ask to me about offline ID play, it's possible, first, connect to the internet then login with your osu! ID, then go offline, once it connected again, it will send your score to the internet

Note: It will send your score to the internet if you don't close the game when you logged in

Edit: I think it's unofficial -_-
Rio-

Nathanael wrote:

Offline play is available and you just need to log-out. Why would you even need an offline stats?
I think he means that Your offline play counts Your Online statistics (Total Score, Accuracy, etc) too
*but wait... even so, You need to connect Your internet to send information, right?
Chamelo

farhann215 wrote:

Note: It will send your score to the internet if you don't close the game when you logged in
It doesn't? I think it'll be counted as guest play.

Anyway, I think his purpose is to upload offline play result and count it as online play, which is dangerous.
Nathanael

farhann215 wrote:

did you look at the login screen any "Play Offline" button? well, if you ask to me about offline ID play, it's possible, first, connect to the internet then login with your osu! ID, then go offline, once it connected again, it will send your score to the internet
Going offline will be going as "Guest" and it won't submit any scores.

satriobp wrote:

I think he means that Your offline play counts Your Online statistics (Total Score, Accuracy, etc) too

Chamelo_Th wrote:

Anyway, I think his purpose is to upload offline play result and count it as online play, which is dangerous.
Got that.

Derekku wrote:

Offline play = local scoring.

Local scores will never be eligible for online rankings.

peppy wrote:

the problem is that i wish for osu! to remain an online game, and don't want to move away from this idea.
I'll mark this as invalid.
Topic Starter
deyv
Thanks for all the replies, I didn't even know that there were cheaters on this game, it really isn't that hard.