forum

AXIOM

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
crystalsuicune

Named the skin that because it kinda sounds techy and cool,shush

You heard me,for once I'm NOT doing a taiko-mode-only skin!
Rather the opposite,I think I'll be leaving them out for the moment (Not arsed enough,
and I haven't quite figured out how to make osu!mania skins yet)

It's also my first attempt in making a new-style skin BTW
Cursor from dis threado http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/156492

-SKIN INFO-

Skin Name: AXIOM
Creator: crystalsuicune
Theme: Probably tech-themed,with some metallic borders thrown in because why the hell not.Blue-black colour scheme
Version: First release!
Tags: tech metal blue black
Download: HAHAHA IT'S DONE NOW SEE BELOW
Size: 17.87mb

-STATUS-

HOT DAMN IT'S ACTUALLY DONE

downloadudpate

Decided to FINALLY get shit done and skin mania and taiko (I have no idea how to skin mania notes,so I'll be using the IIDX-styled ones)
No ctb mode though,sorry!

-TO DO LIST-

>comboburst (any ideas?)
>Rank images
>Mod icons
>Assorted tibits I prolly need to skin
>Figure out what score-number style to use (They're surprisingly hard to make properly aaaaa)
>Find some custom hit-sounds?IDK???
>See if I'm arsed enough to skin the other modes?
-Screenshots-

SPOILER

< new!
< new!
Ayesha Altugle
waiting for the release!
this one needs hd I think before you have the download link sooner
Topic Starter
crystalsuicune
Way ahead of ya,I have both standard-size and x2 sizes for most if not all graphics elements for this :3
(It doesn't look like it because my laptop's screen is too small to use the larger window sizes)
deadbeat
looking forward to it :>
Kurokotei
I swear, I read AXION lol
Nice skin btw
Topic Starter
crystalsuicune
UPDATE

Rank images are done!

Next up should be mod icons :3
Syrus
Looks amazing, can't wait to play with it!
OsuMe65

crystalsuicune wrote:

UPDATE

Rank images are done!

Next up should be mod icons :3
keep the styling of the mod icons confidential since it's a Work In Progress...
and for everyone's curiosity to rise of course :)
Topic Starter
crystalsuicune
Mod icons,combo burst,slider points/scores done!

Do the score numbers look alright?I'm worried that I didn't align them properly (it's kinda hard to do so since the font I use is a wider font)

BTW how do I customize the mode-select panel?As in the individual modes on the pop-up list?
I know the files are in the template,but I dunno how to create the effect like in here:
Dexus
Robin's Egg Blue overloaad, you should use some Flush Orange (RGB: 255, 116, 0) to accent it [Cursor, Words, numbers, etc]. For the darker parts you should use a Denim Blue (RGB: 22, 80, 213) and the lighter parts a simple Green (RGB: 0, 230, 0). The combination of analogical colors with an accent color will really make it stand out and look better. For the combo colors you could use the Robin's Egg Blue, Denim Blue, and Green. Avoid using the Flush Orange as a combo color, instead use it for the numbers. The menu colors should also be changed from the default to match the color scheme.

Aside from the really bland color scheme it looks really good.
Topic Starter
crystalsuicune
Huh,I thought sticking to a limited number of colours makes things more consistent
Hold on let me fix things up

>Didn't save the PSDs quite a few elements

....Shit
Dexus
Whomever your art teacher was should have been fired. You don't want to limit yourself, you just need to use the right colors to help accent elements that are important and dull out stuff that isn't important. For future reference use this website http://colorschemedesigner.com/ to pick your colors next time (Use the accented analogic option) You can change the color angle if you don't want that much of a contrast between the light and dark elements.

GG RIP PSD
Topic Starter
crystalsuicune
It's alright I've got this,I can try to fix the colours based on the PSDs I already have

Or I can just say screw it and remake them from scratch.It's just that having PSDs helps me fix things more quickly really.

brb firing myself
Dexus
I understand what you're going through. It happens to me every now and then as well.
OsuMe65
Nothing's bad in overloading colors... and nothing's bad in accenting them.
as long as you apply some tricks that you know... it's a sure success to AXIOM

;)
Topic Starter
crystalsuicune
I'm not sure if I'm doing it right......
(kept the original colours in a separate folder just in case)

Tell me I screwed up somewhere
OsuMe65
you did screwed up

@ score numbers
Topic Starter
crystalsuicune

Alrighty,reverted to previous score numbers

Good thing I have a back-up
OsuMe65
Why not test and conclude every move you make?

In that way, you will know what are the pros and cons of your skin...
As for the color schemes, use Deux's suggestion and apply it (except for the score numbers)
Topic Starter
crystalsuicune
I figured that my idea on whether a change is alright or not may not be what others think,so maybe it's better to get more input as I go on?

Alternatively,I can compile what I have now (since it's mostly finished in one way or another) and put up a download link of that while I continue to tinker with it before making it an official release.
show more