forum

[RBD] Random background distribution.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +24
Topic Starter
Melody-San_old
So this is my first attempt as an intelligent forum post for forgive me for not being 100% fluid on the way osu forums operate.

What I am suggesting
  • I suggest that those of us that are osu supporters we are able to have a set menu background and through the use of skins we are able to change several features and cosmetics of how the game looks. However as someone that frequently grows dull of seeing the same sight over and over again, I would like to suggest that instead of having a single target image for a background, (For menu / pause and possibly other menus) that a folder be implemented, and using the same mechanic as combo bursts that it randomly selects a background to be used.
Benefits
  • Silghtly more customize-able interface
    More appealing to those that have the option to do so
    Maybe a new supporter feature
    Eye candy galore
Cons
  • Maybe a scripting hassle
    Not worth time / effort
    Not any true value on game outcome other than appearance
Few last words and general overlay
  • So instead of the skin targeting a single image for the background IE : (Checks for menu-background, then uses that at the background.) It can instead check for the menu-background folder, and select an image from the folder instead. This could possibly be just for supporters, or for anyone with skins. I just figured that maybe there would be a few besides myself, that might enjoy a slightly more custom outlook on things. I would like to see this specifically for a pause screen, but more or less for the menu screen when loading osu specifically.
Thanks for reading, I hope to contribute a few more ideas. <3
- Melody
skeewoosh
huh?
deadbeat
Topic Starter
Melody-San_old
Eh I see where that could be useful but it's not what I was getting at. I still love you deadbeat. :(
Maiz94
duplicate then?
Topic Starter
Melody-San_old

ishimaru94 wrote:

duplicate then?
Not at all? What that thread is asking for the background to be implemented where you're selecting songs.
To clarify...

Melody-San wrote:

I would like to suggest that instead of having a single target image for a background, (For menu / pause and possibly other menus) that a folder be implemented, and using the same mechanic as combo bursts that it randomly selects a background to be used.
So lets say I add 10 images to this folder for backgrounds for the start menu.

Upon starting Osu, and every time I visit the menu one of the ten images at random will be selected and displayed. So it's sort of like having a desktop background that changes.

Don't see how that could be referred to as a duplicate.
deadbeat
menu-background-0.jpg
menu-background-1.jpg
menu-background-2.jpg
menu-background-3.jpg
menu-background-4.jpg
menubackgroundrandom: 0/1
menubackgroundduration: x

i dunno >_<
Topic Starter
Melody-San_old

deadbeat wrote:

menu-background-0.jpg
menu-background-1.jpg
menu-background-2.jpg
menu-background-3.jpg
menu-background-4.jpg
menubackgroundrandom: 0/1
menubackgroundduration: x

i dunno >_<
Does that work xD? Or are you taking guesses and what the script would be?
deadbeat
taking guesses at how this could work
though honestly, don't really care much for this request. i feel just having a menu-background is enough
Topic Starter
Melody-San_old

deadbeat wrote:

taking guesses at how this could work
though honestly, don't really care much for this request. i feel just having a menu-background is enough
Ah well like I said, it's more of a luxury, so I don't really think it would take priority over other more important features.