forum

Rotating mouse cursor icon in tune to the BPM

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
I figure this would be a cool little touch, especially with the icons from some skins

Basically, the little slowly rotating bit around the mouse icon rotates in tune with the BPM on songs.

There would be an option in settings to turn this off if you so wished, reverting the cursor to the slowly rotating old one.
Kitsunemimi
If you have a 900BPM then the cursor would go crazy.
Jarby

Harris73 wrote:

If you have a 900BPM then the cursor would go crazy.
But why would any map have a tempo that fast?
Larto

Ephemeral wrote:

There would be an option in settings to turn this off if you so wished, reverting the cursor to the slowly rotating old one.
If this IS gonna be implemented, this should be standard behaviour. I, for one, like this, to be honest.
peppy
I experimented with this in the past but personally found it distracting. And if I find something distracting then it probably is :P.
Azure_Kite
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
No more toggles, please.
peppy
Generally if I find something annoying/ugly, it will likely not end up in osu! unless there is huge support for it. While I like to give you guys a say, I still do have the final say when it comes to saying NO.
Azure_Kite
ok. fair enough
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kitsunemimi

MetalMario201 wrote:

Either way, everything else on the title screen is synched to the music already, so why not the mouse cursor?
It looks good without it.
foulcoon
mm201
Divide the BPM by a power of 2 to make sure it's within the 64 - 127 range.

All this effect needs to be awesome is to be slow enough so that you won't notice unless you're looking for it.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

foulcoon wrote:

-1, it just seems like it would be distracting. Especially when we have maps with extreme BPM changes. I could never play a burai map with this option on. Also think about CW's Wind >.>
Hence why you'd use the option to turn it off.

It's the small things like this that make good games so much better.

The little things, you know?
Derekku
We don't need any more toggles, as already said. If a feature is going to be implemented, then it'll most likely be default behaviour.
Gabi
speaking of the cursor, would it be possible to make the cursor change color depending on what button you click? (Z flashes red while x flashes pink)

/hijack

ontopic: i am neutral of this if it has a toggle
Derekku
Also, to state my overall opinion of this (since it seems like I haven't already): If it can be divisible so that the BPM rotation won't be so fast, and subtle that it won't look stupid, then I guess I don't have any problems with it.

Different colors sounds nice too @Gabi :)
anonymous_old

MetalMario201 wrote:

Divide the BPM by a power of 2 to make sure it's within the 64 - 127 range.
^

I still don't see this happening though.

Gabi ... no.