forum

[confirmed] [web] Ranked Score ranking page description is outdated

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rewben2
I don't know where else to put this, but when you go to http://osu.ppy.sh/p/playerranking (the player ranking list) it says "To search for a particular username, use the search below." Unless my page is weirdly displayed or I'm straight up blind, I can't see any search function. Unless it is referring to the one at the very bottom of the page (the "Lost? Looking for something?" one) then I think there must be a typo. Or maybe it means the search above where you just search for usernames and it's a typo (because that search bar is above), I'm not sure.

Here's a pic in case my browser is displaying something wrong. Nothing major, it's just a small issue that should be a quick and easy fix.
deadbeat
wasn't that removed ages ago?
Topic Starter
Rewben2

deadbeat wrote:

So there was a search bar and it got removed but the text stayed the same?
Winshley

Rewben2 wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

So there was a search bar and it got removed but the text stayed the same?
I believe so.

In any case, the description surely needs to be updated to prevent misleads, so confirming this under Low Priority.
XPJ38
This ranking table isn't supported anymore, why should we give it any more attention...?

If anything, the link to this player ranking should be removed from the "Rankings" drop-down menu in the header.
Winshley
If that matters, Ranked Score ranking might as well be removed completely. We'll let peppy decide what he'll do with that.
TheVileOne
The grammar for the Performance (pp) listing isn't much better.

a peppy take on a ranking metric that aims to be more contextually relevant. see the wiki page for more details.
It needs to be.

peppy's take on a ranking metric that aims to be more contextually relevant. See the wiki page for more details.
TakuMii

TheVileOne wrote:

The grammar for the Performance (pp) listing isn't much better.
a peppy take on a ranking metric that aims to be more contextually relevant. see the wiki page for more details.
It needs to be.
peppy's take on a ranking metric that aims to be more contextually relevant. See the wiki page for more details.
The word "peppy" is an adjective, so maybe that sentence is like that intentionally (despite it obviously referring to peppy, maybe it was for comedic effect :P).