forum

Allow to unbind keys (bind to nothing)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +232
Topic Starter
Aqo
I'm sure there are people out there who might find it useful, but I find the boss key to be the most annoying thing in the world and would like to be able to just disable it completely. The same is true for some other keys that I never use and hate getting their effect randomly if I were to press the key by accident.

Can you please give users a nice way to just unbind keys from the options binding tab?
jesse1412
I did this to my hide scoreboard key. Use your config file to do it.
Piotrekol
The same is true for some other keys that I never use and hate getting their effect randomly if I were to press the key by accident.
Bosskey & clicking F7(framelimiter) instead of F8 = rage so yeah would be nice if it were possible to unbind that in osu! without fiddling with config file(same goes for custom framelimiter fps settings but oh well).
supporting( no stars(yet) )
- L A U R A -
I was once raging because my chat didn't open... I pressed F7 the whole time. Since then, I removed the key from my Keyboard when i play.
Weird thing that happened alot to me... so this would be a nice feature
FrzR
F7 Is really my most annoying key ever. XD
Rei Hakurei
F7, F10, Bosskey, Scoreboard;

all of them are annoying for me though lol
Bobbias
Agreed, I've hit the bosskey a number of times, and when I went to settings to unbind it, I was legitimately bothers by the inability to unbind keys. Unbinding keys (except for those absolutely essential to something) has been a standard UX element more or less since the advent of key bindings in the first place. To allow changing keys and not unbinding them is ridiculous. Unbinding should have been added the same time the keys were made rebind-able to begin with.

This is not the first such case of standard UX aspects being neglected, either. (An example would be not being able to use home and end to snap to the beginning/end of your map in the editor. While there are alternatives, there's no reason those keys shouldn't work. Nobody replaces the standard copy/paste bindings, why should home/end not do the logical thing?)
Nathanael
Bumping.

I would love to see this being added. I'm kinda unconsciously pressing them and binding them on another key might just let us get confused.
Rei Hakurei
thinking this feature could cover out the temporary fix to None binding at the moment (which is i didn't even want to try with forced binding for F7,F10,and Insert)
teasp00n
God yes! Support! I was thinking this the other day.
fham
I support this. Please make it happen :D
Karuta-_old_1

jesus1412 wrote:

I did this to my hide scoreboard key. Use your config file to do it.
osu!.User.cfg
Open that file and ctrl + F
type frame, change f7 to None

By the way, thanks Jesus for pointing this out and fham for bumping this
xasuma
Yes please. It should be an easy fix.
Zmachine
Gosh yes this would be amazing feature, no clue why it hasn't already been implemented!
Dianthus
Please also add the option to disable some mouse buttons (Mouse4 and Mouse5 to be particular). I don't want all the buttons to be disabled, just those two so I would appreciate having such a thing.
GrilledCheeese
If anyones still looking to figure out how to do it:
Make sure osu! is closed while you're doing this, or else it will save the old settings back when it closes.
You open the osu!<computername>.cfg file in notepad:

And change the settings to None like this:

Save your changes and open osu! to test it.