forum

Tutorial mode in the main menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Mute_Gaming
Hello.
I suggest my idea for the game.
i think adding a tutorial mode on the menu of the game is faster.
With new explanation and translated.

I hope that this idea will be taken.
Misterkister
I thought there's a tutorial about this game already...?
deadbeat
there's a ingame tutorial teaching you how to play, plus this -> t/109137
hopefully that will go somewhere though ._.
Oinari-sama
I think the OP wants a separate Menu Item for the tutorials, ie:

1. Play
  2. Edit
  3. Tutorials
  4. Options
  5. Exit
I can see the idea being useful if we have more tutorials, but at present time I don't see a need yet.
Shohei Ohtani
Don't see much of a need for this, especially since it would be a very rarely pressed button for most players (and knowing osu! players, new people would still end up not reading it and asking questions that can easily be answered in there :P)
quaternary
Maybe it would only show up a limited number of times?

It couldn't be a button like the other four though - the buttons would be too thin. Maybe a thing like the Recent Changes box, but with a "Play Tutorial" button inside?
pixeldesu

tuddster wrote:

Maybe it would only show up a limited number of times?
Maybe the button appears the first time playing or when the tutorial map wasn't played yet. After that it isn't really needed, so it just could say at the end of the tutorial "you can still replay the tutorial through the Song Selection screen with the 'Peter Lambert - osu! tutorial [Gameplay basics]' beatmap"

Or...

Maybe some "notification-based" tutorial...like "Looks like this is the first time playing osu! for you. Do you want to learn the basics? (Yes/No)"
Axel
After level 10 the button will go away. 8-)
quaternary

Axel wrote:

After level 10 the button will go away. 8-)
Yes
Dexus
Tutorial button could go to a listing of stuff that just plays the tutorial youtube videos within osu! if they get done nice enough.
The tutorial on osu!stream is great because it did it when you first played automatically and explained everything well. It was skip-able as well.

Definitely in need of a new tutorial since everything is getting renewed to look fancy.