forum

osu! Public Release (b20130325)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
This release continues to fix some elements of the new skin which were affecting older skins (there's still a few cases left like the ranking screen which I am still working on – bear with me!). It also adds an exciting new feature called unified scoreboards. You will now see friends, same mod plays and local scores all in the same listing at the song select screen! This is currently limited to supporters only while I load test the system, but this may change in the future.

A quick video of unified scoreboards in action:

Hopefully this will make the game much more competitive for players which aren't aiming for the top 50ish scores, which are highly contested. You can now see how you are doing against your friends and people who play using the same difficulty modifiers as you.

This build also adds a button to make it more apparent that online ranking is available at the ranking screen by scrolling down.

More to come :).
Frostmourne
Nice peppy !
Buccakazu
O.K Peppy
Syrus
Nice update ^^
Piotrekol
So we can't see top 400 anymore?
not that i need it~ :3
Crakila
That seems pretty neat. Great job on the updates peppy :)
azenet
What I wish is that supporters could disable it permanently and get the "Show local scores" button back.
Topic Starter
peppy
Show local scores is gone forever unless you play offline (logout).
Outsanity
I like this scoreboard. I dig it.
Mira-san
Looks good. hueheuhe.
azenet

peppy wrote:

How nice. How do we adapt skins for the new scoreboard? (background colors are not shown)
Also, why are guys that are ranked like #10 are shown as -- in the unified ranking ?
Arnold0
This seams a good idea but I'll miss the ability to show scores up to 400, because it is usfull for seing if all top 400 players use mods or not when you want to try to FC a map to gain a few PP (Because sometimes a FC nomod makes you top 1000+)
Piotrekol

peppy wrote:

what about unranked maps- could you enable it there ?
Topic Starter
peppy

Arnold0 wrote:

This seams a good idea but I'll miss the ability to show scores up to 400, because it is usfull for seing if all top 400 players use mods or not when you want to try to FC a map to gain a few PP (Because sometimes a FC nomod makes you top 1000+)
pp will very soon consider all scores, rather than the top ~1000. Don't worry about this.

Piotrekol wrote:

Yes, I will fix this over the coming days.
Arnold0

Piotrekol wrote:

peppy wrote:

Unified rankings show local scores for unranked maps I just tested ^^
Piotrekol

Arnold0 wrote:

Piotrekol wrote:

Unified rankings show local scores for unranked maps I just tested ^^
But you can't use Unified rankings unless you're supporter.
#edit
actually it seems that it's working somehow for unrankeds:
Foxen
Looks cool. :)
qlum
With this my friends will always be seeing my shameful scores on most maps since I play a lot of maps but hardly ever really try to get a good score on them, just passing is enough for me.
Shiro
That's rather nice, but what's that number that sometimes is displayed as -- ? I'm guessing it's the score difference with the previous best record ?

EDIT: it's the difference in points with the next player in the ranking.
suchtie
This is great. Can't wait for it to be available for everyone.

I'm considering spending some money right now, I'd so love to have that right now... (Edit: I got supporter ._. )

qlum wrote:

With this my friends will always be seeing my shameful scores on most maps since I play a lot of maps but hardly ever really try to get a good score on them, just passing is enough for me.
Same for me. I'm too bad to get high scores so I just play through the maps hoping to get an S ranking. Trying to beat friends would be a great new goal to go for.
show more