Topic Starter
mliencheng
Just finished Reflec Beat skin ~

http://www.mediafire.com/?199pmv2bhz5i7zr

First time making a full skin >_<
For all modes except osu!mania

I made this skin without internet for about a week
There was an update some days ago, so the skin should have space to improve

For Taiko mode widescreen players, there's a "Taiko-Bar For Widescreen" in the skin
Just replace the original one
taiko skin is just for fun, I still think the original taiko skin is better to play with xD

For CTB bananas, I've got some problems with the file name, please add an "s" to the "banana" ( of fruit-banana-overlay and fruit-banana)

-Update-
03/30/2013 Added ctb bananas ; standard mode hit100/hit100k and hit 50
YuZuKi Kenny
passby, support
MineC24
Nice skin~ :) :) :)

empty skin..?

(watch replay img...)

and, change hit100 -> Great, hit50 -> Good.

(REFLEC BEAT Object judgement :D )
Topic Starter
mliencheng

MineC24 wrote:

Nice skin~ :) :) :)

empty skin..?

(watch replay img...)

and, change hit100 -> Great, hit50 -> Good.

(REFLEC BEAT Object judgement :D )

Done, updated ;w;~
MatthewRobo
COMIC SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS
Anyways, nice skin, but you need a change in fonts. I also suggest removing the files that aren't the main part of the skin, like the mouse bits, as they don't really have anything to do with Reflec Beat.
Also, while the skin is light, Reflec Beat is actually quite dark.
Apologies for spelling mistakes, it's one in the morning and I have school today/tomorrow/forever.
Good job, bad font. Please don't use Comic Sans.
Dieathan
The original Reflec Beat was dark. I think he based the skin on Reflec Beat Limelight which was much brighter. I suggest renaming it so it's less confusing for others.
-Seren-
looks nice ^^

gonna try it.

Topic Starter
mliencheng

matthewrobo wrote:

COMIC SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS
Anyways, nice skin, but you need a change in fonts. I also suggest removing the files that aren't the main part of the skin, like the mouse bits, as they don't really have anything to do with Reflec Beat.
Also, while the skin is light, Reflec Beat is actually quite dark.
Apologies for spelling mistakes, it's one in the morning and I have school today/tomorrow/forever.
Good job, bad font. Please don't use Comic Sans.
Comic Sans is awesome ;w; , why don't you like it xD

This skin is based on Reflec Beat limelight and Colette, which are bright orz.. i need to change to title .3.
XPJ38

-----mliencheng----- wrote:

No. No. No no no no no no no no no. You are wrong. So wrong.
Please take a look at this website and try to understand why Comic Sans should be banned forever. Furthermore, Reflec Beat doesn't use Comic Sans, so there isn't any reason to use it.

Sorry for being rude, but really, you must learn not to use Comic Sans if you want your skin to be taken seriously by users.

Now, a few comments and recommandations regarding your skin, supposing that it means to be as similar as RB. I'm no graphic designer, so do whatever you want with my advice.
  1. Too bad you don't actually use the font used in Reflec Beat, at least for numbers. That would be reaaaally cool.
  2. I don't understand why you put Taiko comboburst sounds ("Hyaku combo!", "Nihyaku combo!", etc.) RB doesn't play milestones sounds.
  3. It would be nice to hear RB's "Clear!" or "Results!" voices (or even both) at the end of a play instead of a "ding" sound (I am talking about applause.wav). Try to find it if you can :)
  4. Delete unnecessary files, like failsound.mp3, taiko.ttf and the backup files
  5. You obviously max scaled ranking-X-small.png pictures to create ranking-X.png because they are blurry. Don't do that, it's ugly as hell.
  6. Your count3s.wav is 5 seconds-long. Use a blank MP3 instead to save disk space.
  7. Your gos.wav says "Excellent", but I don't see the point...? Instead, leave it blank, try to find RB's "Are you ready?" voice and put it in "readys.wav", that would be really cool.
  8. A lot of elements are blurry, like the slider ball or scorebar elements.
  9. Some elements are not properly cropped, like taikohitcircleoverlays.
  10. The rest of the elements look fine to me. I appreciate that you used the Just Reflec Gauge for the scorebar.
Spend some more time on your skin and it will be great :)
Rawwrr
Good sounds so can't see anything when playing :/ i give 5/10
zerod
Nice skin :)
Topic Starter
mliencheng

XPJ38 wrote:

-----mliencheng----- wrote:

No. No. No no no no no no no no no. You are wrong. So wrong.
Please take a look at this website and try to understand why Comic Sans should be banned forever. Furthermore, Reflec Beat doesn't use Comic Sans, so there isn't any reason to use it.

Sorry for being rude, but really, you must learn not to use Comic Sans if you want your skin to be taken seriously by users.

Now, a few comments and recommandations regarding your skin, supposing that it means to be as similar as RB. I'm no graphic designer, so do whatever you want with my advice.
  1. Too bad you don't actually use the font used in Reflec Beat, at least for numbers. That would be reaaaally cool.
  2. I don't understand why you put Taiko comboburst sounds ("Hyaku combo!", "Nihyaku combo!", etc.) RB doesn't play milestones sounds.
  3. It would be nice to hear RB's "Clear!" or "Results!" voices (or even both) at the end of a play instead of a "ding" sound (I am talking about applause.wav). Try to find it if you can :)
  4. Delete unnecessary files, like failsound.mp3, taiko.ttf and the backup files
  5. You obviously max scaled ranking-X-small.png pictures to create ranking-X.png because they are blurry. Don't do that, it's ugly as hell.
  6. Your count3s.wav is 5 seconds-long. Use a blank MP3 instead to save disk space.
  7. Your gos.wav says "Excellent", but I don't see the point...? Instead, leave it blank, try to find RB's "Are you ready?" voice and put it in "readys.wav", that would be really cool.
  8. A lot of elements are blurry, like the slider ball or scorebar elements.
  9. Some elements are not properly cropped, like taikohitcircleoverlays.
  10. The rest of the elements look fine to me. I appreciate that you used the Just Reflec Gauge for the scorebar.
Spend some more time on your skin and it will be great :)

Thanks, I appreciate your advices

I did this skin without internet so I couldn't find much resources and fonts
About the RB voices, I have all of them. This summer I'll try finding time to edit when I return to my country ;3;