Update failure [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ohaeyo5
Explain the issue you are having:
having trouble updating osu! always gets stuck on 23%

MillhioreF
Try deleteing osu.dll and osu.dll.zip, if it exists, then run the updater again.
Topic Starter
Ohaeyo5
I've deleted the osu.dll and osu.exe.zip_new, the same problem occurs. what should i do?
MillhioreF
Could be a firewall issue, then. Try adding exceptions for osume.exe in your firewall and/or antivirus.
Topic Starter
Ohaeyo5
I've already made excpetions to osume.exe on my firewall. It must be something else
[BlinK]
Someone should give him the new dll and osume.exe i think.

I can't tho xD.
Topic Starter
Ohaeyo5
that's good suggestion.
MillhioreF
Good idea. Try downloading osu.dll.zip and extracting it manually. Link
Topic Starter
Ohaeyo5
download it, the same thing happens? Is it something missing in my osu?
MillhioreF
Did you extract the .zip file and put osu.dll in your osu! folder?
DJ Angel
Try using a new osume. this one should be updated. link
Topic Starter
Ohaeyo5
I did extract the osu.dll into my osu, and i just downloaded the new osume.exe, and everything went well until it was downloading the osu.dll.zip, the same problem occurred.
JhowM
You could try putting osume.exe alone in a folder and let it download all the files
Topic Starter
Ohaeyo5
that's the same process as downloading osume.exe and run in the extracted folder
MillhioreF
I'm out of ideas. Download the most recent osu!.exe here, put it in your folder and hope it doesn't force an update when you run. If you continue to have problems, you may need to download these two files every time you update.
Topic Starter
Ohaeyo5
Osu is now working thx for the effort! very grateful for you guys to give me solutions.
DroidBass

MillhioreF wrote:

I'm out of ideas. Download the most recent osu!.exe here, put it in your folder and hope it doesn't force an update when you run. If you continue to have problems, you may need to download these two files every time you update.
This did work fo me 6(^.^)9
Azuma Maro
huh.. It's look like i got the same problem here