forum

Problems making sliders [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nimi
After updating osu, when I try to make curvy silders it's like I used a red anchor. Explaining this is kinda hard so I'll just post screenshots:

What I'm trying to do:

What actually happens:

Moway
I can confirm this. If you try to add a white midpoint after you make a straight slider, it acts like there's a red point there instead of the white. If you put down the three points while initially constructing the slider this doesn't happen.
Mismagius
[peppy] Better handling of slider fallback cases when adding new points in the editor.

Apparently this is on purpose and peppy wants it this way, so yeah.
[Luanny]
wait what?
is this REALLY intentional?
srsly, this was the stupidest idea ever
just.. why?
ztrot
just get used to the new sliders I guess?
MillhioreF
This is intentional, but only as a temporary fix (if you did this on huge sliders before, it would often turn them into a glitchy mess)
Definitely shouldn't happen on small sliders like this though, I think it's supposed to only happen in that case.
Low

[Luanny] wrote:

wait what?
just.. why?
Topic Starter
nimi

Jacob wrote:

[Luanny] wrote:

wait what?
just.. why?
^

no. just no.
deadbeat

._.
Mismagius
you have to make a straight slider then try to add points to it.
deadbeat

Blue Dragon wrote:

you have to make a straight slider then try to add points to it.
lol k. got it working >_<

MillhioreF wrote:

This is intentional, but only as a temporary fix (if you did this on huge sliders before, it would often turn them into a glitchy mess)
Definitely shouldn't happen on small sliders like this though, I think it's supposed to only happen in that case.
any idea when it'll be reverted back? or no idea?
cheesiest
orz
theowest
has this been fixed? I can't seem to replicate in version b20130220test (latest version)

instead I happened to stumble upon another slider glitch. If you add a red slider point to your slider (at any point in time), you will never be able to remake that slider into one of the perfectly round 3 point sliders. You'll just experience the old slider behaviour.
Mismagius

theowest wrote:

has this been fixed? I can't seem to replicate in version b20130220test (latest version)

instead I happened to stumble upon another slider glitch. If you add a red slider point to your slider (at any point in time), you will never be able to remake that slider into one of the perfectly round 3 point sliders. You'll just experience the old slider behaviour.

testing on b20130220, still happens.

You have to create a straight slider. THEN you try to add more points using ctrl.
DakeDekaane
I can only do what that with copied sliders, not with created from scratch, Confirming, also:
All nodes were added between the beginning and the end, move one and boom, you have the correspondent slider taking all nodes as red ones.

MillhioreF wrote:

Definitely shouldn't happen on small sliders like this though

Editing with further discoverments:
If you copy a slider with red nodes, if you add a white node, it will act as a red, but it won't happen with a slider with red nodes created from scratch.

As you can see, both are similar sliders, the left one is copied and the right one is created from scratch, both have the same red nodes, but this happens if I add a node to both.

Nobody saw my mistakes here >->
theowest

Blue Dragon wrote:

theowest wrote:

testing on b20130220, still happens.

You have to create a straight slider. THEN you try to add more points using ctrl.
I always left-click after I create my sliders and then right-click to deselect. I just noticed you must not do that in order to replicate this bug, just right click after clicking once to create a straight slider.

but yeah, I can see that it's happening, confirming.
peppy
Fixed in next release.
Topic Starter
nimi
thank god
[Luanny]

Wiinter wrote:

thank god