forum

Gameplay elements are overlapped by combo multiplier [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XPJ38
This "bug" can cause readability issues on non-widescreen resolutions, even though it isn't that important.

Look at this screenshot:

Here, the reverse arrow is partly overlapped by the combo multiplier. The first time I played the map, I didn't notice it and released the click at the end of the slider, and thus combobroke.
As I said, this can cause (minor) readability issues, so the correct behaviour should be: gameplay elements (circles, sliders) should overlap the multiplier.

How to reproduce:
  1. Change resolution to a non-widescreen one (1024*768, 800*600, whatever),
  2. Play this map (Insane diff),
  3. The problematic slider will appear at approximately 00:18:200 and will overlap the multiplier.
theowest
I guess the same can happen when objects are too close to your HP bar (scorebar-colour) or performance gauge.
but this is definitely a bigger issue, especially with higher combo. It must be more uncommon, there are not many beatmaps with objects near the combo counter and not everyone plays with non-widescreen resolution, many do of course.

It's not that big of a problem.
MillhioreF
The problem with this map is that the sliderend is lower than the grid, and thus is unrankable by today's standards. If staying within the grid, elements can only slightly overlap the combo number, and definitely not enough to hide a slider repeat.
Topic Starter
XPJ38
Oh ok. Well then this is definitely not a major issue if only a few old maps are affected.