forum

Editor option to copy paste hitobject script [assigned]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
The title says it all. And is this topic duplicate? If yes, please merge/delete this post please :3

The copy process works like normal copy, but instead of copying hitobject/hitobject properties (such as 00:23:379 (1) -) it copies the hitobject's script (just like:
188,156,29233,6,0,P|212:204|200:268|200:268|256:240|332:260,1,225

It can be useful for things like nazi mods, and will be very useful if combined with the paste hitobject script option.

The paste hitobject script will only works on same hitobject type (e.g. circles for circles, sliders for sliders) and if the script (or anything in the clipboard) is invalid, the editor will refuse.

...You can conclude the advantages by yourself.

Thoughts on this?
riffy
I'd vote it if I had any votes. :<
Ephemeral
fantastic idea! i fully support this and might look at implementing it at some point
Xierra
Heh, good idea inv! I'm sure people won't have to search the .osu file to find it anymore :D
I might support it when I got my votes ;)

The post above is a guaranteed stamp of approval lol.
MillhioreF
That's a pretty awesome idea. Perhaps have Ctrl+Shift+C as the shortcut for it, unless that's already taken.
Ephemeral
i have a preliminary version of this working so far (only copying as of yet) and it works a treat, so consider this being worked on i guess!
theowest
and what wouldn't be a better place to view all the hitsounds but with a separate section for them t/88801
TheVileOne
Ephemeral, you're awesome!

Please keep improving the editor.