forum

Widescreen storyboard images have edges cut off in editor [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
echoFX
Since the last patch the Storyboard goes horrible wrong!

As you see in the Video, the Designe is not in that place, where they was mapped.

But ingame its all ok. The problem is, that you cant place the picture over the background couz osu! cutt the picture in some crazy way.
This is since the last release with the "new" Widescreen mode. where some normal (un Designed) Beatmaps was zoomed to 16:9 solution.

its impossible to make a Desige for a beatmap!

This problem is on all solution! 800x600 till 1440x900 and my standard monitor size 1920x1080. in Fullscreen and windowed

Also they is no way to make a 16:9 Spinner work.

With the zoomed 16:9 beatmaps the 4:3 Spinner just looks bad.

Please add some 16:9 support for Spinners and fix the Editor Storyboard!

VIDEO:

My System:
SPOILER
Windows 8 Pro
Asus GTX 670 DCUII OC
8GB Kingston DDR3 Ram
Phenom II X4 840 @ 3,2ghz
GA 990XA-UD3 Motherboard
Malekit_old
i experiment the same problem here while playing, looks like until the problem w/zoomed BG & storyboard while using widescreen is solved i'll have to stick to 4:3 mode
btw, using Win7 w/ATI RADEON HD 5450 & Core i3-2100, at full animation

Sugesstion: u should include an option at [Graphics] to toggle between Zoomed, Strecht or Default
[Dellirium]
Yeah, kind of it's impossible now to create compatible pulsations.

That's why I asked for SBed flags

(Don't know whether mark this thread as confirmed or not)
Topic Starter
echoFX

[Dellirium] wrote:

(Don't know whether mark this thread as confirmed or not)
i hope it will be confirmed
[Dellirium]
Okay, I mark this as [confirmed], because it's partly impossible to create storyboards.

You still can do this by disabling BG image and add it again in nesessary ratio.
peppy
Does this still happen on the test build?

Edit: Right. It's only "impossible" to make flash/blur storyboards aka the ones that don't matter. So this isn't a big deal.

Why not take this as an opportunity to make a storybaord people don't just want to play through the map once to disable? :)
[Dellirium]

peppy wrote:

Right. It's only "impossible" to make flash/blur storyboards aka the ones that don't matter. So this isn't a big deal.

Why not take this as an opportunity to make a storybaord people don't just want to play through the map once to disable? :)
First, there are several maps which use compound flashes and therefore looks pretty cool (example, second).
But there are some effects based on the map's background and if aspect ratio is changed, effects will be broken.
Examples: one, two, three (by the way, this one is pretty broken now), four, five, six (this one is broken too)

You can avoid that bug by redeclaring the bg but this is a bad way I think.
peppy
This doesn't change my statement!
Topic Starter
echoFX
ye, i guess that starts with the last big update with the Widescreen changes.

but its not only the pulsation.

as you see in the video, u cant pick ANY picture to overlap the background when the BG is 16:9.
is you take the BG in 1920x1080 and try to overlap with the same picutre
or
take a BG with 1920x1080 and try to overlap with the same picture in 1440x1080.
osu! can not handle the picture with the background.

Just look at the second part from my video. you see what i mean.

peppy wrote:

Why not take this as an opportunity to make a storybaord people don't just want to play through the map once to disable?
sure... you can make a SB with other effekt. but if you want to use 1 blur or something? All old maps with Blur or pulsation have this problem too.

EDIT:

(also its not only with pulsation. make the background go Black n Withe is impossible 2. Couz u need to get a picutre over the BG. to make some points on the BG different when u use a 1 picutre to edit its impossible. AND if you want to change the BG while playing - you dont have the same size like the BG was before. AND..... you cant turn the BG into black.... couz the black picture you nee dto overlap........

YE, they are many ways to make those things. but even for beginners its the easyest way to make a new picture for every new effect or changes.

and so all old SB are useless couz you cant edit it now like before. and all NEW SB cannot use any of this features.

And i say its a BUG. Couz you cant overlap at any solution AND cant hide the BG with any picture in Widescreen.

So why just dont change/fix it like it was before. so everybody can make that what they want.

[Dellirium] wrote:

Okay, I mark this as [confirmed], because it's partly impossible to create storyboards.

You still can do this by disabling BG image and add it again in nesessary ratio.
but dont that change the picture at the beatmap selection to black too? :/
[Dellirium]

FynnFTW wrote:

all NEW SB cannot use any of this features.
^ this.

but dont that change the picture at the beatmap selection to black too? :/
No, because SB can't affect a thumbnail in any way.
peppy
The issue is only in the editor, so this isn't a breaking change. Most of the time you are making pulses, you need to edit outside the editor to make the loops, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.
Topic Starter
echoFX

peppy wrote:

The issue is only in the editor, so this isn't a breaking change. Most of the time you are making pulses, you need to edit outside the editor to make the loops, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.
for the lops? ye! (ned to lern how this works.

but didnt you see that u CANT put any 16:9 picture into the editor couz the size went wrong?

well... i hope you can maybe fix that. if not - ye, i need to quit SBing. Couy i dont have a idea how to work with that.
[Dellirium]

FynnFTW wrote:

for the lops? ye! (ned to lern how this works.
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Storyboard_Loops

i dont have a idea how to work with that.
1. Disable bg image.
2. Declare it again with SB.
peppy

[Dellirium] wrote:

1. Disable bg image.
2. Declare it again with SB.
I'd avoid doing this as a workaround when this issue will be fixed in the next build and does not affect play mode. It will break other things.