forum

[Archived] Screen flashing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TopazAngel91
Explain the issue you are having:

Whenever the latest update was, left my game lag, and the screen flashes and sometimes change different colors. :|

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. Do something
2. Do something else
3. osu! explodes in a million pieces!

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
Saten
When does this occur? When playing or just when being idle?

Are you sure that it's caused by osu?
It could be your graphics card that somehow couldn't co-operate with osu for some reason (Try updating your drivers).
Or that you installed something funny recently

Does this happen in OpenGL too?
Topic Starter
TopazAngel91

Saten wrote:

When does this occur? When playing or just when being idle?

Are you sure that it's caused by osu?
It could be your graphics card that somehow couldn't co-operate with osu for some reason (Try updating your drivers).
Or that you installed something funny recently

Does this happen in OpenGL too?
It's been running fine 'till the latest update. It flashes, changes and lags as soon as the game starts. Is there a way to report this to the admins or someone? Should I re-install OSU?
peppy
Operating System?
Renderer setting?
Graphics card?
Topic Starter
TopazAngel91

peppy wrote:

Operating System?
Renderer setting?
Graphics card?
Well right now I can't get to the settings. The update from the 21st made the flashing's worse. And the cursor is a lot slower. :cry:
Wishy
Try posting some data so we can at least understand what's happening. At least I didn't really get it. :(
jemhuntr
You mean the game starts but it's lagging like hell? When does it flash? Are you able to reach the main menu or click a button? How come you can't reach the settings? Oh btw you can see/edit your settings via the .cfg in your osu! folder.

also, yes. Your system info might help.
Zaliant
hi, i'm having this issue right now. you can't do anything in the game, it's literally just flashing osu as a white screen, and then it "minimizes" (or just disappears) into a black screen, rinse and repeat.

How this is happening (for me)
changing screen resolution whenever i have fullscreen mode selected, it has to stay on my native 1920x1200 resolution to be stable

Fixing it
untick fullscreen and change your resolution when prompted
If you cant do that. then navigate to your Osu folder and open up the osu config with your name next to it, make sure your fullscreen is your max, and whatever you want it as default to that resolution.

OpenGL will not let me hit the fullscreen Tick unless it is my max res
DirectX however will let me hit the tick button regardless of my resolution

Render : DirectX
Graphics card: Nvidia gtx 760