forum

Map description in osu!direct panel

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +17
Topic Starter
Flanster
What it says.
Since a lot of users download maps via osu!direct, the description of the map is not read at all in most cases.
Up to you if its important or not, it may contain information about the map that you might need.
But still, its there for a reason. Heres how it woud look like

theowest
Some of those have a lot of text, images and other stuff. It won't be easy to put inside that little box.
Heibel

theowest wrote:

Some of those have a lot of text, images and other stuff. It won't be easy to put inside that little box.
Maybe it could be scrollable?
theowest

Heibel wrote:

theowest wrote:

Maybe it could be scrollable?
it would still have bbcode, which can get a bit too messy sometimes.
I guess that could be automatically removed, but that could be confusing.
TheVileOne
This would cause so much lag. Please do not make osuDirect laggy.
theowest
well text doesn't make things laggy, only if it would load images and shit.
Kuro

theowest wrote:

well text doesn't make things laggy, only if it would load images and shit.
True
Not much information would be needed though..
We could probably start by:
  1. showing the diffs that are in it (To help people look for stuff that suits their skill)
  2. whether it includes Taiko, CTB, or Osu!mania specific diffs (for people that don't play standard) *Not just a yes or no but having the icon for each mode listed and light up if it has it or remain darkened if not
Sakura
You could make it ignore bbcode tags and anything between them. Also Supporting.
[Luanny]

Kuro wrote:

True
  1. showing the diffs that are in it (To help people look for stuff that suits their skill)
  2. whether it includes Taiko, CTB, or Osu!mania specific diffs (for people that don't play standard) *Not just a yes or no but having the icon for each mode listed and light up if it has it or remain darkened if not
^this

support with invisible star
Kuro

[Luanny] wrote:

Kuro wrote:

True
^this

support with invisible star
lol, it's just more random thoughts XD
ReVeNg3r
What means level 9 there?Maybe just show the lenght and bmp and maybe AR, also i'm against the showing diffs, it's not so important.
Kuro
Sometimes, I want to find something with taiko specific diffs. in them but you don't know what diffs. are in the beatmaps. I already get pissed when i keep downloading nothing but osu! standard diff. sets

I might be just unlucky but i don't care. I just want to find what i'm looking for and be done with it.
deadbeat

Kuro wrote:

Sometimes, I want to find something with taiko specific diffs. in them but you don't know what diffs. are in the beatmaps. I already get pissed when i keep downloading nothing but osu! standard diff. sets
t/17890
Kuro

deadbeat wrote:

Kuro wrote:

t/17890
Nice find, db! o/
deadbeat
remembering would be more accurate but meh.
also since i'm posting. might as well post an opinion.

this could be something interesting to add. its nothing that osu! needs, just would be interesting to have. though how it'll work would need some thought thats for sure
Saten
Make it similar like the profile thing?
Though that causes me to lag, giving me 1fps most of the times. I wouldn't want that.

This feature would only be good for things like this http://osu.ppy.sh/s/56791
Pawsu
haaay flanster bby you should update the preview image, tryin' to add this to the request compendium
Bara-
I'd like this a lot. Often description gives important info (Such as Gamu's HAELEQUIN, red=1/6)
lilynya
Princess Jish
This would be nice, helping people find better maps and stuff.