forum

Spectator Invite

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I searched and there was no idea exactly like this. I don't quite agree with blissful's idea of spectating a spectator. So here's my idea.

Well just like you can invite player's to game rooms. Wouldn't it be logical to be able to invite people to spectate the person you're spectating or invite someone to spectate you? This would be done exactly the same way as inviting to a multiplayer room and would work roughly the same way.

What do you guys think?
tarticulate

TheVileOne wrote:

Wouldn't it be logical to be able to invite people to spectate the person you're spectating
Wut

TheVileOne wrote:

This would be done exactly the same way as inviting to a multiplayer room and would work roughly the same way.
Can't you just go to #osu and ask someone to spec you?
theowest
hey let's invite more people to spectate cookiezi
Sakura
i think it would be better if when /np'ing while spectating instead of saying "Is watching -Song- <mods>" it would say "Is watching <username> play -Song- <mods>"
theowest

Sakura wrote:

i think it would be better if when /np'ing while spectating instead of saying "Is watching -Song- <mods>" it would say "Is watching <username> play -Song- <mods>"
genius
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Either would work IMO. Both would use existing code, and expand upon the functionality of the code. Both would be very easy to implement.
Saten
I spectate on my free will
I don't really like when random people forces me when I'm busy.

But if it's similar to multi invite where you can limit it only to friends, then it would be somewhat more acceptable.

Sakura wrote:

Similar when watching Auto.
But still, I'd find it quite annoying sometimes
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I would love it if you could watch replays together. I've wanted to do this for a long time. I see someone watching a replay, and I have this urge to want to watch what my friend is watching. It would be a better show if we could actually watch the same replay, and be able to discuss it at the same time, rather than having to start at different times.

Replay spectating is also another benefit of this since replays are done in a very similar way as spectating.