forum

Export .osz Manager- Choose which files to export

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I'm repurposing my Export without video idea for a much more useful utility. I think that it would be a necessity when .osz2 comes that we be able to export a map excluding any of the files in it. I can imagine the Export button bringing up a window with a list of checkboxes for each element of a beatmap that can be removed, organized by type. Uncheck whatever files you do not want to be exported, and click okay, and you're done.

This needs to be included because removing things from the song folder itself needs to be phased out. And it's always more tedious to manage files through the song folder. It's better to have options that manage files for you.

Old message
SPOILER
Puushing a .osz with the video takes over twice as long as without it. It would be nice if we could export the .osz without having to remove the video from the folder. This would be a necessity in .osz2 as that wont even be possible.
Sakura
Can't you just delete it from the osz?
theowest

Sakura wrote:

Can't you just delete it from the osz?
What if it's your beatmap you later want to rank?
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I could. But I think it would be convenient to not have to physically alter the beatmap to get a good sized .osz. If you can download a beatmap without the video, use no video mod, I think we should be able to choose whether or not to export it with the video.
Sakura
Hmm could be useful with osz2 i guess, Supporting then
ann_old
Yes please, I am terrible at getting small sized videos, and 22mb for a 30 second map is a tiny bit too big ;~;

Support.
Sakura

xann wrote:

Yes please, I am terrible at getting small sized videos, and 22mb for a 30 second map is a tiny bit too big ;~;

Support.
Who the heck is using a video big enough to bump a 30 second beatmap to 22 mbs.
ann_old
The song itself is long, and the video was ripped from stepmania, but I only mapped 30 seconds.
I have no idea why the video was like 18mb though. (and still crappy quality)

Edit: I meant that example in cases of testing small parts of maps
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Updated topic description.