forum

Subscribe to a beatmap's scoreboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Metro
Get notified when someone takes top 1 of the beatmap (or difficulty) you subscribe to.

Would be useful for:
  1. Any map you're interested in. Example: because of the recent developments in Mutsuhiko Izumi - Snow Goose [Sharon's] I'd really like to know if TTTL (or anyone) takes top 1. If this beatmap doesn't show up while F2'ing then I will completely forget about it.
  2. Your own top 1's. Although you can see when you lose a top 1 in your profile if you rank songs or increase your rank that "notification" can rapidly go away. If you added all your top 1's to this list you could track them much better.
  3. Your own maps. I believe mappers would find it interesting to see the top 1 changes of their own beatmaps.
If implemented this should be added in the web (imo). This will sound very facebookish but it could be some sort of icon with a number representing your new notifications. It could be placed between your mini-avatar and "No messages".

There should be a limit to the # of beatmaps you can subscribe to. An idea is an initial limit of X plus the number of top 1's you own but this is very open to discussion.
Salvage
Nice idea , specially second part. (y)
Posse
I like the idea, and in the case it demands too much bandwidth (dunno really, I don't understand anything about that stuff) you could limit it to being able to suscribe to maps that have been ranked more than X time ago so that the server doesn't need to spam notifications.
maay
yeah depending on the bandwith this takes, I'm all up for it.
I always end up on either missing most of the cool records in osu! or noticing them quite late.

Also, it would be quite cool if this were to be added along with the "subscribe to a mapper" feature request.
TKiller

Metro wrote:

Because of the recent developments in Mutsuhiko Izumi - Snow Goose [Sharon's] I'd really like to know if TTTL (or anyone) takes top 1.
As of lately, only me and him were grinding it much, both hr+hd, haven't seen anyone else.

Can't really comment on suggestion though, moving on.
theowest
Yeah! If you're second place or something, you don't get that notification like you do when you're #1.