forum

osu! dailies

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
CCleanerShot
I think when most people see the game, people see that there usually isn't really a "goal" to achieve in the game. Majority of the current playerbase play because there are goals they set themselves, but for the other people that have dropped the game, it was most likely because they ran out of 'goals' to achieve. (Ofc you can say get X rank or get X score, but most may find it unrealistic for them anyways and dont bother)

So what I'm suggesting are Easy/Normal/Hard/Global monthly missions

(ik i said dailies in title but that was just for clickbait)

And not the easy/normal/hard from map diffs, but easy/normal/hard based on their current rank, each being different and broad every month, so lets say for example 2k-3kpp monthly goals could be Sing a 5* as an easy achievement, getting #100 on a 5* as a normal, and a new top 3 PB as a hard,
and of course, global missions could be on very specific maps for all players (which could actually be a good and proper way to promote artists instead of thru a featured artist tab that most people dont check sadly)

Here are the possible broad monthly missions for all pp ranges
  1. Passes/letter rank/score based on: sr, length, %pass rate, BPM, max combo, date ranked, mods used (FL, DT, etc)
  2. Leaderboard #100+ ranking
  3. Leaderboard-number-specific ranking (#300-400 on a map)
  4. New #x Personal Best
  5. Badges (automatically finished if have)

Now what use would this even have?

This should honestly replace the current level system, as it gives the levels some more impact than just being ranked score. I think this is also an opportunity to move some of the minor osu!supporters to level milestones as a reward for being a long-time user, but thats a different discussion. The usual level milestones at 3,5,10,20,30,40,50 for different perks/features.For perspective, completing all missions (excluding global) month 1 will put you at level 2 + a bit, doing it for 6 months for level 7 (or a bit sort of), year 2 for 20. This btw, DOES NOT include global missions exp, so if u manage alot of them, you could realistically get level 25/26 in 2 years. Also before i list examples of milestone rewards, I want to clarify that Global=/=10k pp player changes, but change drastically based on the specific goal (big black global one month, and the next free pp map another month)

Example of milestone rewards
Level 3: Customize userpage (so it locks default options, not including supporter customize options)
Level 5: Favorite maps
Level 10: 1 month full supporter perks
Level 20: 1 time use of play broadcast (no matter how irrelevant/relevant the play is), maybe in #announce with special icon
Level 30: Some part of supporter perk unlocked permanently (something minor)
Level 40: +1 Priority on community related things
Level 50: Half a decade full supporter perks(as a reward for being active for almost half a decade, could be lifetime)

Note that if transitioned, the level 3/5 perks should already be given to veteran players
abraker

CCleanerShot wrote:

and of course, global missions could be on very specific maps for all players (which could actually be a good and proper way to promote artists instead of thru a featured artist tab that most people dont check sadly)
this is already a thing: https://osu.ppy.sh/rankings/osu/charts

CCleanerShot wrote:

Here are the possible broad monthly missions for all pp ranges

Passes/letter rank/score based on: sr, length, %pass rate, BPM, max combo, date ranked, mods used (FL, DT, etc)
Leaderboard #100+ ranking
Leaderboard-number-specific ranking (#300-400 on a map)
New #x Personal Best
Badges (automatically finished if have)
Can be made in the form of medals you see on profile.

CCleanerShot wrote:

Example of milestone rewards
Level 3: Customize userpage (so it locks default options, not including supporter customize options)
Level 5: Favorite maps
Level 10: 1 month full supporter perks
Level 20: 1 time use of play broadcast (no matter how irrelevant/relevant the play is), maybe in #announce with special icon
Level 30: Some part of supporter perk unlocked permanently (something minor)
Level 40: +1 Priority on community related things
Level 50: Half a decade full supporter perks(as a reward for being active for almost half a decade, could be lifetime)
Currently you get more hearts on you supporter badge the longer you are supporter. Kudos is a system that rewards people for mapping related things. The rest (customize userpage, favorite maps, etc) can be as medals.
Topic Starter
CCleanerShot
(Im really unfamiliar with this quoting thing as it looks weird when I do it, so I'll just address the quotes at the order they come by)

1. I'm only somewhat aware of the beatmap spotlights thing. I guess the global missions could be an extension of the spotlights, acting as a somewhat promotion to the spotlights, since alot of players (including me) don't exactly know how it works

2. Is this said to be an addition to the request, or in opposition to the request? Sorry if im misreading it, cuz I can understand this response in both ways, but don't know which.

3. The entire example list is just an idea of what it should be. The idea I had in mind with the examples was to slowly allow access to some parts of the game outside of the client, since if it's all out there, many people might just ignore most of it. Going from introducing their userpage, to even giving them a highlight of some supporter perks was what I thought the level milestones could be used for. Of course, these examples need major tweaking (a week of supporter perks is fine), but still that's the idea.

Also, I'm aware of the kudos system as well, but I wanted to leave mapping and playing seperate as alot of mappers don't play the game as much as active players, so I didn't think it was a good idea to bring it up here.
abraker

CCleanerShot wrote:

2. Is this said to be an addition to the request, or in opposition to the request? Sorry if im misreading it, cuz I can understand this response in both ways, but don't know which.

It's an alternative suggestion on how to achieve what is described using a system that is already in place.