forum

[Archived] Osu shortcut deleted/ osu.exe wont open

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitsunekii
Problem details:
sooo..... last time i wasnt able to connect to osu. I just opened osu minutes ago and everything was working just fine. I could connect my account and all that. Then i continued to play 1 beatmap, after i exited the beatmap, my osu got in that blue loading screen thing and i didnt remember what it said. Anyways, I closed osu and tried opening it again, and then when i pressed my osu app, my laptop said something like "shortcut doesnt work anymore, do you want to delete it?" yeah so i deleted the shortcuts and went to my osu folder. Osu.exe was gone. Then i tried downloading osu on the internet again. It downloaded, but now when I try to open it, it wont open. Instead, it showed the osu crash screen and said " Click here to reveal problem." i revealed it and it said "System.Exception: Executable filename is not correct!" when i try to restart osu my laptop says somethin like "unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application, if you click continue the application will ignore this and attempt to continue. The system cannot find the file specified." I tried pressintgt continue but nothing happened. How do i fix this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable Fallback 20160403.6 (latest)
Death
Even if your shortcuts broke somehow, you should still be able to run the actual executable file manually (and create new shortcuts with it). Unless you changed the location you installed osu! to initially, the default installation location should be "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!". It also looks like you were on Fallback, so it could also be located in "C:\Program Files(x86)\osu!" or "C:\Program Files\osu!"