forum

[Archived] [Problem] ~6ms lag with laptop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Theosu27
Problem details:
Hello everyone! Recently, I switched to a new laptop and the lag has been unbearable (6ms). I usually get 0.2 on my main computer but I would really like to be able to play on my laptop.

It is running a gtx 1050 4gb with an i5-8250u. I am running the dedicated gpu as the graphic's processor.

I've tried multiple settings (fullscreen, not fullscreen, letterboxing, compatibility, etc) and 6ms is the lowest I was able to achieve using not fullscreen, and compatibility mode.

I also tried with lazer and it was no better.

Here is my performance log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-yaIoE9rKVObrui-b9FH8zHdXmjBVKIB/view?usp=sharing

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20181015.1
Anemic Witch
Try to launch game on IntelHD graphics instead of nvidia one.
Fighu
If you really need to cut down on latency, you can turn off storyboards and background video and put your background dim to 100% also playing on a different resolution smaller 1920x1080 can lower latency. Try checking your task manager and see what's taking up the CPU and GPU slot and try close the stuff that's using quite a bit of the percentage. Also going into the nvidia control panel and adjusting settings will help lower latency there should be some videos put there.

Good Luck!
Topic Starter
Theosu27

Anemic Witch wrote:

Try to launch game on IntelHD graphics instead of nvidia one.

Thanks for the idea but sadly it didn't help.

FighuYT wrote:

If you really need to cut down on latency, you can turn off storyboards and background video and put your background dim to 100% also playing on a different resolution smaller 1920x1080 can lower latency. Try checking your task manager and see what's taking up the CPU and GPU slot and try close the stuff that's using quite a bit of the percentage. Also going into the nvidia control panel and adjusting settings will help lower latency there should be some videos put there.

Good Luck!

Thanks, I tried nuking the settings and the lowest it would go was 1.5ms which pretty high considering it was in 800p. I checked if any apps were using cpu/gpu/ram power while running the app but none seemed to use a lot. Maybe it's the touchpad drivers that are causing the latency?

Tbh I'm kind of tired of dealing with this so if anyone has an idea please let me know!

Thank you both for the help!
show more