forum

[Archived] F9 Button not working when booting osu! as non-admin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
takukiezi
Problem Details:
When I open up osu! and running it as Administrator, everything works fine, but somehow my Internet goes crazy when attempting to run as Admin and submitting scores take up to a minute, so I tried to run it as non-Administrator.

When using non-Admin, pressing F9 won't pop up the extended Chat. Keys like F8 and F7 work. F10 won't work aswell.
I have no idea why this might happen.

For problem with the Internet: My Internet is fast enough, but it still bugs, so I want to try non-admin:

osu! version: 20180811.2
modrei_DELETED
restart your pc

check your firewall/antivirus
if it worked before but suddenly doesnt, flush dns, release/renew ipconfig, restart your modem
Death
Does your F9/F10 key have special media function?s Try holding Fn while pressing them to see if that works.

Do you have another program putting an overlay on the game that uses one of both of those keys? For example, Discord's in-game overlay lets you set a toggle key that can cause issues.
Topic Starter
takukiezi
F9/F10 don't have special media functions, I don't have FN, but my Keyboard uses the Logitech Gaming Software for G1-G6 Keys, which I set to skip songs and change volume. I do not use Discord Overlay aswell.

My Firewall is disabled, I have no antivirus, but Flushing DNS and Releasing and Renewing helped (for now) for submitting etc.

Now there is only the problem still left with F9 and F10 keys not working.

EDIT: Flushdns etc. only helped for a few minutes and now submitting etc. takes a longer time (again), but it happens only sometimes now.
Death
Discord was just used as an example. What I said applies to anything you have running that could possible put an overlay on the game.

Do you happen to have your F9 and F10 keys bound to anything else in game? Having 1 key bound to multiple things can cause issues.

Did you set a profile for osu!, or did you just bind those G-keys specifically? I'm not really sure how Logitech's gaming software works. I think you can assign commands to specific functions keys as well? Have you done that for something else and forgotten about it?
Topic Starter
takukiezi
The G Keys are for everything(any game or application), so it works everywhere, but the Keys don't do anything to osu!:

As for having any Overlay.. No I don't. I do have Steam on, but I do not run osu! on Steam so there is no Steam Overlay to make sure.

EDIT: The G Buttons don't seem to work when admin on osu!. When non-admin on osu!, the G Buttons seem to work, but the G Buttons don't open up the F9 Menu or else, so that's out of question.
F1-F8 works, F9-F10 don't.

Also an important thing I noticed is that osu! always boots up on the wrong window if I try to run as non-admin.

UPDATE:
Tried plugging another Keyboard without G Keys - No Success
Tried disabling Logitech Software - No Success
Tried rebinding to other Key - Success, but can't rebind to F10
Tried deleting and reinstalling drivers for Plug'n Play and more - No Success