forum

Adjust play area scaling

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +182
show more
Topic Starter
Warchamp7
It's also annoying when there are notes at the very bottom of the current playable area. If the latest chat feature is on, it can actually cover notes
drum drum

Warchamp7 wrote:

It's also annoying when there are notes at the very bottom of the current playable area. If the latest chat feature is on, it can actually cover notes
That's why you should select autohide
Topic Starter
Warchamp7

drum drum wrote:

Warchamp7 wrote:

That's why you should select autohide
Was just an example of how close to the edge notes get. Would like to play at full resolution without that issue
Xilver15
DeletedUser_4329079
Yay I'm glad more people are interested in this
Bara-
It's a good idea, but then CS MUST get higher (smaller circles), or this will never happen
Azean

baraatje123 wrote:

It's a good idea, but then CS MUST get higher (smaller circles), or this will never happen
Why would the CS need to get higher?
One of the main reasons people play at lower resolutions in windowed mode is for the "larger" circles (comparatively).

I'm all for this. Have a couple stars!
DeletedUser_4329079
More stars for you because I can't play on windowed mode without a ~50ms delay because Windows 8 sucks :(
Seijiro
NIce idea, usually I have to change my tablet area to fit my movements (I have some problems with my tablet, just a personal matter) so it would be nice to adjust the in-game area instead.

Support~
Piotrekol

Default wrote:

More stars for you because I can't play on windowed mode without a ~50ms delay because Windows 8 sucks :(
Search on google or 2 for dwm disabling or pm me for link.

But overall, this one would be nice- people could play same playfield size as they were playing in windowed mode BUT in fullscreen making win8/8.1 dwm disabling redundant.
DeletedUser_4329079

Piotrekol wrote:

Default wrote:

Search on google or 2 for dwm disabling or pm me for link.

But overall, this one would be nice- people could play same playfield size as they were playing in windowed mode BUT in fullscreen making win8/8.1 dwm disabling redundant.
I've already tried it, but the lag was still there. I also tried with high contrast mode, with no desktop background, disabling all programs running in the background, with Windows settings set to "best peformance" on the System tab... I've been trying to find a solution for months now :o
Piotrekol
You can't disable dwm(Thing that's causing lags) anywhere in windows8/8.1 settings. To do that you need external program or fiddle with system files with I don't recommend at all.
Xial
Wow that's a really good idea ! :o
Redon
teasp00n
I really want this! I've started to develop problems with my wrist playing full screen+full area tablet. So I have been forced to play in windowed mode.

And for scaling. I think it should scale just like it would if you had windowed mode.
abraker
Bump.

I don't respond to objects as good that are a bit outside my field of focus, so this would be a good alternative to changing to a non native resolution.
DeletedUser_4329079

abraker wrote:

Bump.

I don't respond to objects as good that are a bit outside my field of focus, so this would be a good alternative to changing to a non native resolution.
Isn't it almost the same thing as the actual letterboxing feature? I don't think this is needed anymore tbh
Seijiro
It is not lol. I can go where the letterboxing is with my cursor using the tablet, so that's not the same xD
This request is still valid imo
vxcvbzn
Bump.

This feature would be really nice. On 21.5" Full HD monitor the play area is massive and difficult to cover with peripheral vision, especially on higher tempo.

I either have decreased accuracy on the big one or input lag and have to adjust my sensitivity in windowed mode...
(wacom bamboo cth-470 driver doesn't support per-application settings and i cannot just decrease the area for osu)
charmfox
I love it. This feature will make me #60.000
ReesanVaine

Azean wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

Why would the CS need to get higher?
One of the main reasons people play at lower resolutions in windowed mode is for the "larger" circles (comparatively).

I'm all for this. Have a couple stars!

I agree. I'm using a modded CS of 3.8 because I don't want to shrink resolution. CS shouldn't exceed imo 7 (too tiny for the avarage eye >-<)