forum

[Archived] Game Downgrading to Fallback and Many other Issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
amgtree
Hello every day I get the issue of "graphics card doesn't support shader" and every day I have to update my graphics drivers. But I can deal with that. What I find annoying is that the game downgrades to the fallback version. And for some reason my connection to osu servers caps off at around 30 kb/s (my internet speed is 140 mb/s) So the game will take forever to downgrade before I can even run it, then I takes even longer to update back to the latest version. Overall it takes about an hour before I can play game from when I first click on the shortcut.

Now this is 3 different problems I'm getting, but it would be nice for me to just find a way to prevent the game from downgrading in the first place. Any ideas on what I should do
Cloudberry
i had the same problem happening to me 2 days ago what i did was, restarting my computer, start the game, select the latest stable version, and reload all the beatmap, and now it's working fine.
Topic Starter
amgtree

Cloudberry wrote:

i had the same problem happening to me 2 days ago what i did was, restarting my computer, start the game, select the latest stable version, and reload all the beatmap, and now it's working fine.
Yea I get that, but because my connection to osu severs is slow it takes about an hour to download the fallback and reupdate to the latest version
Death
What graphics card do you have?
Ausgeflamt
But I Have thies Problem to (My grahics card is a Geforce 1050 TI)
Topic Starter
amgtree

Death wrote:

What graphics card do you have?

I have a gtx 1070

Edit: I think my problem with the game downgrading is gone, but it might pop up again later because I didn't do anything to fix it. Also I my connection to osu servers is still pretty bad. It takes a long time to download maps which annoys people in mp in lobbies :(

My connection to other stuff is fine

*deleted*

,but I don't know any other way of fixing that issue unless I get a vpn
vjdato21
I experienced this issues with my PC too, I suggest you do system restart if it prompts you to downgrade to fallback. And after that, delete "_Staging" Folder in osu!'s directory.
thenull
There's an issue with the latest GeForce drivers which causes the drivers to uninstall themselves every few hours. If you're running driver version 397.31, you'll need to go here and download the hotfix to fix the issue: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4661