forum

[Archived] New to tablet, advice?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
thesauceypickle
So I recently switched to tablet (XP-Pen G4305) and I was just wondering if anyone had some advice to get the most out of the tablet. I do seem to struggle a bit with lifting my pen out of the play area and I'm wondering if there's any better way to hold the pen to prevent this or if it's something I'll have to just get used to.

Thanks in advanced
[Carl S]
Try to get a tablet area where you feel confident. then just play, after a week or soo you should feel the tablet pretty normal. Its normal that you will switch area or grip during you get used to but eventually try to find the one you feel the most comfortable. (Note that if you are touching your tablet area, if you do it smaller or bigger try to get the shape of you monitor (square or rectangle)). Or otherwise you will feel it akward.
Sandy Hoey

[Carl S] wrote:

Note that if you are touching your tablet area, if you do it smaller or bigger try to get the shape of you monitor (square or rectangle)

All this stuff can be accomplished in the tablet drivers that you can download off of the internet with a quick Google search. There should also be a "force proportions" option when mapping your play area that is very important
Topic Starter
thesauceypickle
thanks for the advice that's about what I expected but i wasn't sure if there were any major do's/dont's with tablets I should know.