forum

[Archived] Large fps drop on Windows 10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mrflashstudio
Problem Details

Hello! I searched for posts with similar issues, but couldn't find anythind useful, so here's my problem. Recently i updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and got large fps drop. On Windows 7 i got 240-350fps and on Windows 10 fps decreased to 90-150fps. My graphic card drivers are up-to-date. Nothing loads my system either. I attached screenshots of frame time graph in menu and in-game from each OS. Hope they will be useful!

Video or screenshot showing the problem

Win7 menu

Win7 in-game

Win10 menu

Win10 in-game

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
If you are playing fullscreen, try to Disable Fullscreen optimizations.
Topic Starter
mrflashstudio

Death wrote:

If you are playing fullscreen, try to Disable Fullscreen optimizations.
Nope, it didn't worked. Nothing has changed.
Death
Disable Game bar/Game DVR if they are on.

After updating to Windows 10 did you update your graphics drivers through Windows or through your graphics card manufacturer?
Topic Starter
mrflashstudio

Death wrote:

Disable Game bar/Game DVR if they are on.

After updating to Windows 10 did you update your graphics drivers through Windows or through your graphics card manufacturer?
DVR is disabled already.
After updating to Windows 10 i installed graphics drivers through Windows, then updated they through my graphics card manufacturer using "clear install" (or whatever it's called)
Backaround
Hello! After snooping around on some settings I have found the solution. Run it as an administrator and it should remove the stutter. If you're still choppy try running on compatibility mode. You're welcome
huynhmink
U should try this : Setting => Gaming => Trueplay => turn on that. That may help
AzazelGaming
I had a laptop with 4GB of ram and a intel i5 (~800 in benchmark), actually i changed my laptop to 8GB of ram and a AMD A9 with a Ryzen 5 and i can't play because of the frame drops, any solution?
Nivar

AzazelGaming wrote:

I had a laptop with 4GB of ram and a intel i5 (~800 in benchmark), actually i changed my laptop to 8GB of ram and a AMD A9 with a Ryzen 5 and i can't play because of the frame drops, any solution?

Follow the normal steps, obviously drivers, optimise your Osu! itself and windows tweaks. If you've done all those then check to see if Fullscreen Optimisations are already on, on your Osu!.exe, if they are, disable them and see if that helps. If that didn't help, try also running the application with admin privileges. If the stutters persist, try running it in compatibility mode for Win7 or 8.

If you're still struggling, turn on "reduce dropped frames" in Osu's options. This usually works but isn't the most ideal solution.