forum

[Archived] Screen white when I start osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Z3xs_old
Problem Details: Made a post on this about a month ago and it is still a problem. When I start osu the screen is just white but I can hear eveything

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171215.2
Death
Inside your osu! folder, edit the file named "osu!.pcname.cfg" in notepad. Set the lines "Shaders" and "BloomSoftening" equal to 0 and save the file.
Topic Starter
Z3xs_old
Topic Starter
Z3xs_old
Ok I found it, but I opened it and they were already set to 0
Topic Starter
Z3xs_old
I've been researching this for a while and the only answer i can find is changing the BloomSoftening and Shaders to 0 but since i already have them at 0 and it doesn't work I have no clue what to do.
Death
Please make sure your graphics drivers are updated and properly installed.

You can also try enabling compatibility mode. Hold shift and keep it held while starting osu! until a recovery window pops up. That window should give you an option to enable it.

You can accomplish the same by setting the line "CompatibilityContext" equal to 1 in that same file you edited earlier, osu!.pcname.cfg.
Topic Starter
Z3xs_old
I tried the compatibilitycontext thing and all it did was change the white screen to black. I hold shift when it's starting up nothing happens
Topic Starter
Z3xs_old
It's fine, i haven't played osu in a while bc of this i just wanted to see if i could get it to work