forum

[Archived] Mal-recognization of beatmap and wrong status of it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skylish
Problem Details: related info: Problematic beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/572690 My mod/report in its thread: p/6420681

It is about a wrong state of beatmap related to BSS. The status of 'chaica's Oni' is unstable when in-and-out of Editor:

At first it can display normally:

Then when the difficulty is opened in Editor, without taking any action and back to the maps selection page, the status of 'chaica's Oni'changes to 'Update to latest version'

The difficulty and its .osu are absolutely fine, just the status runs into a chaos.

** At this moment, this state can be REVERSED by going to the main page, re-enter into map selection page. **

But things go absolutely wrong when I press 'Update', ALL of the content of 'chaica's Oni' is removed in .osu, nothing can be displayed in the osu client. -->

The mapper had tried removing the problematic .osu and re-uploading it, the problem retains unsolved.

osu! version: 20171225.2 (latest)
-Atri-
Actually this doesn't just happening on his maps, this also happens on other maps by random chance, so i doubt it's the maps problem
Poii
its happen on my map

only in 1 diff, other diffs is fine
i tried to remove that diff and upload my beatmap, and add that diff back, but doesnt work

i changed the diffname (prev diff was ASPIRIN's Kantan) and i change it to random's Kantan, and it solved, no problem, but when i tried to change it back to ASPIRIN's Kantan, its happened again
Lyawi
That's a known problem (since years) and some beatmaps get affected randomly.

osu! support wrote:

Hello and thank you for contacting us.

We've forwarded this report directly to the development team. We're hoping to get the issue fixed, but it might be difficult due to it being fairly evasive over the years.

Regards,
osu! support
For now you can just change the difficulty name to something different in the time you're getting mods.
ego_17
its not randomly affects beatmaps there a reason for it i believe
i remaped my diffs many times and i think bug occurs if you
added new diff and didnt submitted it - for example you want to test some new patterns on your Hard diff and created Hardtest
you liked new version and del original hard, rename hardtest to hard, then submit
this should trigger bug

short -
1)open one of the diffs (easy for example) click save as new difficulty and do not submitt your beatmap
2)delete alredy submited easy
3)rename newly added diff to easy
4)submit
Kondou-Shinichi
i think it has been an ongoing problem and should be fixed soon

btw don't post on an old thread
Lyawi
It actually is fixed now, only the update button still shows up but you can just ignore it. simple as that o3o