forum

[Archived] Using keyboard for sliders makes Osu freeze

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ScoldedNight
Problem Details:
Whenever I use my mouse to play, it works just fine but as soon as I use my keyboard for a slider, the whole games freezes. What can I do to fix this?

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Please enable Compatibility Mode from the options menu and see if the freezes keeps occuring.
Topic Starter
ScoldedNight
Yeah, it's still freezing. The more I click or the longer I hold the keys, the higher my ms raises.
Death
Update your keyboard drivers?
Topic Starter
ScoldedNight
It says it's already at the latest version.
Faye

ScoldedNight wrote:

Problem Details:
Whenever I use my mouse to play, it works just fine but as soon as I use my keyboard and a slider appears the whole games freezes. What can I do to fix this?
Try editing your FPS limiter, usually setting to and from unlimited FPS causes weird glitches with the Osu! client.
Topic Starter
ScoldedNight

Faye wrote:

ScoldedNight wrote:

Problem Details:
Whenever I use my mouse to play, it works just fine but as soon as I use my keyboard and a slider appears the whole games freezes. What can I do to fix this?
Try editing your FPS limiter, usually setting to and from unlimited FPS causes weird glitches with the Osu! client.
It's not the fps that's the problem, the problem is that every input from my keyboard, whether tap or hold, increases the ms extremely which freezes my game. (And I did try it but nothing happened)
Kao
what type of keyboard do you use? is it a mechanical keyboard?
Does it have its own software like how razer does it?
If there is, you would need to disable any enhancements you have on the keyboard
Venix
is issue occours when you're plugging keyboard to other usb port?
Topic Starter
ScoldedNight

Kao wrote:

what type of keyboard do you use? is it a mechanical keyboard?
Does it have its own software like how razer does it?
If there is, you would need to disable any enhancements you have on the keyboard
It's a Bluefinger keyboard
Alexy the Cat
Which keys you've bond as clicks? I've experienced such problems when i set my arrow keys as clicks, and when i've pulled a slider, the game froze for a moment.
(it happend only when i dragged my pen as well)
Topic Starter
ScoldedNight
The other ports as well as other keyboards do the same thing and I set the binding to s and d