forum

Just Another Beatmap Contest #2 (Finished)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LowAccuracySS

Organized by [ Space ]
With help from LowComboFC, C00L, Ethan, and Metronome

Official Status: Finished

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About JABC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just Another Beatmap Contest is a recently created, unofficial mapping contest with the key focus of showcasing innovation and creativity. We hope to provide a good contest experience and improve upon the last one with better song choices and less issues.

Format

1. Register with the link below. Join the discord and read #information.
  2. The contest .osz will be released on a certain date. Contestants have 120 hours (5 days) to create and finish a difficulty.
  3. Once you are done with your entry, Discord or forum PM me with your .osu and I will implement it into a set with all entries.
  4. If you did not finish early, you MUST hand in what you had done immediately or your entry will not be accepted. I will give everyone 5 minutes to put their finished/unfinished difficulty into a pastebin or something of the sort.
  5. Judges will be given anonymous sets with everyone's entries and they will judge them.
  6. Once the judging period is over, winners will be announced and I will give prizes.
Timeline

August 26th: Announcement day. Registration opens up to the public and the contest starts.
September 1st: All applications close and judge applicants are ready to be tested.
September 4th: Judge picks finalized and the contest is ready to begin (note to self: DON'T START EARLY)
September 5th, 18:00 UTC: Contest begins. Mappers have 6 days to create and finish a difficulty.
September 10th, 18:00 UTC: Contest ends, and all entries are compiled into one huge anonymous mapset.
September 11th: Anonymous mapset is handed out to all judges and judging begins.
October 2nd: Judging is finalized, and results are ready to release.
October 3rd: Results announced and winners get prizes in the upcoming days.

Notice: Judging may be extended a week depending on how many maps have been finished and submitted

Prizes

First place winner will receive 6 months of osu!supporter.
Second place winner will receive 4 months of osu!supporter.
Third place winner will receive 2 months of osu!supporter.

Important Information

Judging Criteria

(not so) Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make a difficulty for osu!mania/Taiko/Catch the Beat?
While I repect mappers from those modes, I cannot accept entries from any of the other gamemodes as this contest is meant for osu!standard only. Sorry!

May I use custom assets (Storyboard, Skin, Hitsounds)?
As entries will be through uploading a .osu file, bundling your own custom hitsounds, storyboard, or skin is impossible. If you would like to add those after the contest is over, gladly do so.

Do I have to join the discord server to participate?
Yes, as all announcements and upcoming information WILL go out through discord. If you don't have discord, you'll need to download it.

May I collab with friends?
This contest is not for collaboration projects- all diffs should be made by one person.
Rules
Rules are exactly that: rules. They must NOT ever be broken or else you risk getting disqualified from the contest!
  1. All entries must follow the ranking criteria. The ultimate, final push is for rank so following the ranking criteria is optimal to get there as fast as possible.
  2. You may only create ONE difficulty. The difficulty you submit to us is your final product, and you may not submit updates!
  3. Copying other people's content is not allowed.
  4. While the contest is happening, no one is allowed to share any part of their beatmap to anyone.
  5. Submisssions will not be accepted after the submission date has passed.
  6. Do not change the timing or mp3 of the map. You'll be submitting through .osu anyway, so doing this is pointless.

Registration

Please click this link to visit this registration form: here

If you are applying to become a contestant, click the "Contestant" bubble.
If you are applying to become a judge for the contest, click the "Judge" bubble.

You are allowed to register from August 26th (The date this gets posted) to September 1st!

Questions?

Feel free to contact me through this forum thread, through forum PMs, and through Discord PMs if you have ANY questions about the contest.
C00L
first
Icekalt
not first anymore :?
davidminh0111
Not second anymore
faygo
results when
Topic Starter
LowAccuracySS
s o o n t m
Yugu
owo
Ancelysia
Congratz to handsome for winning the 2nd JABC!
MaestroSplinter
Congratz Japan for winning osu!Taiko World C....

results when
Topic Starter
LowAccuracySS

MaestroSplinter wrote:

Congratz Japan for winning osu!Taiko World C....
Cerulean Veyron
gLiTcH hOp

BeEe eMm eEsSsSs
Topic Starter
LowAccuracySS
how do i schedule Loler

gonna change schedules for a little more mapping time and mainly less waiting for mapping time as we already have THIRTY SEVEN contestants already

edit: done
Topic Starter
LowAccuracySS
All applications have been closed! Thanks to all who signed up, and the contest will be starting shortly!