forum

[Archived] Windows 10 Random Mouse Freezes (for less than a second)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mougeki Mero
Problem Details:
I played this game normally while on Windows 7, no problems at all. I got a new PC, which is Windows 10, however playing Osu! on it gives me random mouse
and touchpad
freezes for a mere second on beatmaps. I saw this was reported by many users before,and I've tried what they did, however no luck.

My PC (apologize me for any mistakes, as this is more technical info, I may mistake some english words here):
Dell Inspiron 5457
Version 1703
Intel Core i7-6500U U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.60 GHz
8GB RAM
I am using NVIDIA GeForce 930M (default settings) for Osu;
**Using different settings for GPU, VSync, and/or framerates on Nvidia didnt change anything;

OSU Settings
FPS limit set to 120;
Mouse sensitivity set to 1x (Also 6/11 on Windows and pointer precision off);

It only happens on Osu!, no other application have the same problem.
Video or screenshot showing the problem:
On this record it happens at 0:23 and 0:36 (sorry for the terriple play, it's been half a year I dont play Osu due to this lag). Althought I think I actually missed that one, on 0:31 it could also be the same freeze.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFcIf62hS44

osu! version: 20160403.6
Topic Starter
Mougeki Mero
Sorry for bumping, but I really want to play this game again...

I played all the day looking for workarounds and no luck. I however took note of a few things:

~The freezes happens way more often on maps with more consecutive notes/sliders (more like the Hard+ ones);
~Certain hitcircles seems to be more suceptive to freezes than others somehow. The first "problematic hitcircle" from my video above freezes 90% of the time;
~Using mods to speed up beatmap (DT/NC) doesnt affect anything: it doesnt make it better or worse at all;
Topic Starter
Mougeki Mero
Last post since I found a workaround; As it is not a fix I'm not marking it as resolved.

My workaround is simply using the mouse to drag the pointer but using the keyboard to click. The problem seems to reside on the mouse button in Osu! for some reason. IDK why, it is only happening on Osu!
ctrl
Maybe try changing your power settings to high performance. It could be your laptop is just holding itself back to conserve power.

and just click High performance
Topic Starter
Mougeki Mero

Hostile wrote:

Maybe try changing your power settings to high performance. It could be your laptop is just holding itself back to conserve power.
Thank you very much for your reply! My PC is already set to high performance, sadly, it doesnt seems to be the problem...