forum

[Archived] Osu Black Screen Problem on Songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Struthiouss
Problem Details:
This specific problem happens every time I start up osu, I have found a way to fix it for a play session, but not permanently, because every time I start up OSU the problem happens again.

I want to play a song, so I go to my list and play a song. When the song starts, my screen turns black, but the music still plays, then the game makes the fail sound, because I did not hit the notes, of which i could not even see because my screen turned black. So the song plays as normal, I just cant see it, I can't see the notes, the timer, or the scores.

To fix this, I switch the game versions to "Fallback" and then it switches it to that mode. When I switch it to that mode, it prompts a popup on my screen that says my song files are corrupted and that it will create new, non-corrupted song files, and so I let it load to do that. Once it has finished doing that, I switch the mode from "Fallback" back to "Latest", the mode I had started at. When it re-loads back into the "Latest" mode, and I start a song, it actually works, no longer shows the black screen. The problem no longer persists.

The problem only reappears when I close OSU and re-open it again. So I have to do this process over agan if I want to play.
I do this every time I play osu, and this only has happened recently. It came out of nowhere, I did not download anything that would prompt this, it just kinda happpened on its own.

I can fix it for a play session , but I do not know how to fix it permanently.

osu! version: 20160403.6
Venix
Have you this problem when fullscreen mode is disabled?
Topic Starter
Struthiouss
I Don't play in fullscreen mode, but i switched to it to try it out, and the problem still persists.
Venix
Have you tried turning on/off compatibility mode?
gaming epic
I've had this problem when i started too... I couldn't play so i stopped trying for months. One day i decided to check osu! again and it just worked fine from then. Really weird.
Accilia
Also started happening to me. Actually makes me have to hard reset my computer.
Lacrimosa
Try enabling Compatibility Mode. You can do so through the options menu.
Topic Starter
Struthiouss
I enabled Compatability mode and now everything's working, thanks for the help.
Edit: (1 Hour Later) I tried a couple more times, but the same problem occurs, it worked at first, so i exited OSU then tried again and it just went back to black, while in Compatability mode.
Edit 2: (1 Day Later) I can just click compatability, or click off of it, and it just fixes itself by pressing the button, whether i'm activating or deactivating compatability mode. I guess it's good for now, but again, I still have to do this every time I want to play OSU.
Kao
Try moving the osu! Folder to another location or another drive
Otherwise try fixing folder permissions
Joceba
I think I have found a permanent fix. Try turning off the shaders, maybe it is because your graphics card is not good enough for shaders. I have been having the same problems but turning off shaders fixed it for me!

Hope this helps!