forum

Loki - Birth of a Hero

posted
Total Posts
show more
Monstrata
Origin

00:28:450 (1) - For sliders like this, set it up like this: It makes the curve cleaner
00:50:278 (1) - This is good, but slightly off, since this part isn't completely straight:
01:05:012 (2,1) - You could make a triangle here with 2+ 1's head and tail. would look nicer.

Basic

00:26:267 (1,2) - These just look off to me. They aren't centered, and yea xP.
01:18:655 (1,2) - This rhythm is too simple imo. You can make it more complex ;c
01:23:020 (1) - Same. End it at 01:24:385 - and use a 1/2 slider instead for 01:24:657 - ?
01:25:203 (3) - Same i think. You can end it on the red tick and map another slider on 01:26:295 - .

[]

Spread is okay I guess since it's just two diffs, But I think you can make Basic slightly more dense :P. It's a borderline Normal diff by Normal standards, cuz of your 1/2 treatment, but the second half of the map could be a bit more dense. I would avoid so many long sliders and 2/1 gaps, and I've pointed out some locations where I'd like to see those changes. Poke me if you change them.
Topic Starter
Shmiklak

Monstrata wrote:

Origin

00:28:450 (1) - For sliders like this, set it up like this: It makes the curve cleaner
00:50:278 (1) - This is good, but slightly off, since this part isn't completely straight:
01:05:012 (2,1) - You could make a triangle here with 2+ 1's head and tail. would look nicer. I did something, I hope that the iluminaty looks nice:

Basic

00:26:267 (1,2) - These just look off to me. They aren't centered, and yea xP.
01:18:655 (1,2) - This rhythm is too simple imo. You can make it more complex ;c
01:23:020 (1) - Same. End it at 01:24:385 - and use a 1/2 slider instead for 01:24:657 - ?
01:25:203 (3) - Same i think. You can end it on the red tick and map another slider on 01:26:295 - .

[]

Spread is okay I guess since it's just two diffs, But I think you can make Basic slightly more dense :P. It's a borderline Normal diff by Normal standards, cuz of your 1/2 treatment, but the second half of the map could be a bit more dense. I would avoid so many long sliders and 2/1 gaps, and I've pointed out some locations where I'd like to see those changes. Poke me if you change them.
Fixed everything. Thank you!
Monstrata
You can't silence both slider-slides and slider-ticks, sadly.

Origin

00:20:264 -
00:24:084 (1,2) -
00:28:450 (1) -
00:32:816 (1,2) -
00:37:181 (1) -
00:41:547 (1,2) -
00:45:913 (1) -
00:50:278 (1) -
00:54:644 (1) -
01:00:101 (3) -
01:03:375 (1) -
01:07:741 (1) -
01:12:106 (1) -
01:16:472 (1,2) -
01:20:837 (1) -
01:25:203 (1,2) -

Please fix all those, and apply the same idea to the lower diff. Using 5% of very low feedback in an attempt to make the slider-tick inaudible breaks the rule sadly. Silence doesn't mean "the hitsound file is blank/ 0% volume", silence means "the tick/sliderslide sound is set up in such a way where it's trying to not give players feedback".

You'll have to fix this or it's pop-worthy. Call me back when you do, its probably just a lot of removing green lines lol.
Namki
Sliderslide for the first half of the map is pretty audible as far as I can hear it, but the second half is, well ye, calmer than it supposed to be.
Adjusted difficulties.

Have asked Sieg, he has pretty the same idea as I have.
Thanks, Monstrata

Also, Shmi, delete soft-sliderslide3.wav.
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
Updated
Monstrata
Nominated
Irreversible
Hi!

[Basic]

00:50:278 (3) - How about making this shape edgy, instead of curvy? I think this will fit the way the background sounds a lot.

Nothing else to say, well executed.

[Origin]

00:28:450 (1) - This slider has a little corner in the middle of the slider. You might want to fix this, so it is a bit cleaner.
00:50:278 (1) - Same idea as in Basic, but it's completely up to you.
01:12:106 (1) - Is there a specific reason why this sound deserved this kind of slider? It doesnt' sound that much more outstanding than the rest, does it?

Call me back!
Topic Starter
Shmiklak

Irreversible wrote:

Hi!

[Basic]

00:50:278 (3) - How about making this shape edgy, instead of curvy? I think this will fit the way the background sounds a lot. I cannot agree with you. In my point of view curve perfectly fits the sounds and also there aren't any edgy sliders in the map so I am not gonna change it.

Nothing else to say, well executed.

[Origin]

00:28:450 (1) - This slider has a little corner in the middle of the slider. You might want to fix this, so it is a bit cleaner. I hope it's better now
00:50:278 (1) - Same idea as in Basic, but it's completely up to you. The same answer as in Basic
01:12:106 (1) - Is there a specific reason why this sound deserved this kind of slider? It doesnt' sound that much more outstanding than the rest, does it? This slider fills up the whole tact, I used such sliders for the moments like this. Though there are only two such sliders which fill up the whole tact

Call me back!
Thank you!
Irreversible
Good now!

Congratz
Aurele
congratss!!
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
Thank you
Namki
поздравляю
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
Спасибо за хисы няша
Sieg
гц гц
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
спс спс
TheMefisto

Namki wrote:

поздравляю
Taboki
As this is a song from an featured artist, isn't the source supposed to be osu! ?
meii18

Taboki wrote:

As this is a song from an official artist, isn't the source supposed to be osu! ?
you mean the artist is one of the featured artists of osu?
Taboki

ByBy wrote:

Taboki wrote:

As this is a song from an official artist, isn't the source supposed to be osu! ?
you mean the artist is one of the featured artists of osu?
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmaps/artists/7 Yes, sorry for that. It's an featured artist*, every other ranked map from featured artists has "osu!" as source.
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
This issue was discussed before in Sieg's H8 U map.

Bakari wrote:

Been thinking of using osu! as source. I don't think it's necessary since the track hasn' been originally written for the game, nor is it exclusive for osu!
So in this case osu! shouldn't be added as source. Also I've already replied for this on second page
alacat

Shmiklak wrote:

This issue was discussed before in Sieg's H8 U map.

Bakari wrote:

Been thinking of using osu! as source. I don't think it's necessary since the track hasn' been originally written for the game, nor is it exclusive for osu!
So in this case osu! shouldn't be added as source. Also I've already replied for this on second page
Yes, You don't have to add it to source. It applies to osu! theme or contest map.
Topic Starter
Shmiklak
Thank you, alacat, for checking this ussue