forum

A little story of mine.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Serraionga
Back in 2009 I used to post in a Spanish subforum where any kind of trashposting was allowed (rules were a bit vague about this, but let's just say nothing could stop us from posting so much). We used to post this image accompanied by the following message: "looking for water tap gf". We did this over and over again for a couple of weeks, until a growing number of people started complaining about our shitty posts and created a thread addressing this issue.

The thread addressed that we (the shitposters) needed a psychological test before posting and that people who went overboard with their freedom should be nuked from existence. The shitposters retaliated saying that they were just having a shittrying to overcome boredom and that that was exactly what they liked doing with their freedom. It was clear that most of us couldn't care less about other people posting there and their "OT experience", we were just posting because of our own sake and because it was entertaining for us to do so. Yes, we were extremely selfish.

The mods and admins of the subforum eventually gave up on the rules and let anyone do what they want (which is disturbingly similar to what's going on in osu!'s OT right now). It would seem that people who wanted to have rational conversations were doomed, and shitposters were allowed to create stupid threads ad infinitum (which were WAY worse than what you see in osu!'s OT these days, I must say) and derail anything worthy of discussion. I don't really remember what became of the former group after that fateful day, but it's pretty safe to assume that they just left the subforum sourly. It wouldn't be until a few months later that things would be grim for shitposters, but by the time that happened most of the old people who weren't being retarded had already left.

So what conclusion can be drawn out of this? It's pretty simple, but I have this itchy feeling that most people are not going to like what I'm about to say. Unless you get triggered easily, do not open the box.
collapsed text
I really enjoy a dish of spaghetti with Bolognese sauce. It is definitely one of my favorite meals.

Thank you for your time.
johnmedina999

Serraionga wrote:

It wouldn't be until a few years later that things would be grim for shitposters, but by the time that happened most of the old people who weren't being retarded had already left.
So what happened to the shitposters?
Topic Starter
Serraionga
It was truly a terrifying experience. An unknown persona with the same powers as an admin (someone who was never seen before) stormed the place in its entirety, banned and killed every single one of us (the shitposters) and also made an entirely new set of rules for the forum (which, needless to say, were extremely damaging for the shitposters). It also established a filter for new threads, every single one of them needed approval before appearing into the subforum.

Our motivation to keep shitposting was also gone, obliterated from existence. The place was stormed to a point where the people who did not want shitposters before weren't even feeling safe. The admin didn't just kill the subforum, it threw it on the fucking ground curb stomped the shit out of it.

We were completely destroyed; we had no chance to retaliate.
Ashton

Serraionga wrote:

Canadian Baka wrote:

fuck off
Topic Starter
Serraionga
kai99
wow it almost sounds like some legend passed down for years
hopefully OT aint gonna take that route
good ending btw
Foxtrot
Topic Starter
Serraionga
johnmedina999
Ashton
spaghetti
abraker

Serraionga wrote:

It was truly a terrifying experience. An unknown persona with the same powers as an admin (someone who was never seen before) stormed the place in its entirety, banned and killed every single one of us (the shitposters) and also made an entirely new set of rules for the forum (which, needless to say, were extremely damaging for the shitposters). It also established a filter for new threads, every single one of them needed approval before appearing into the subforum
History repeats in the scariest ways
kai99

abraker wrote:

Serraionga wrote:

It was truly a terrifying experience. An unknown persona with the same powers as an admin (someone who was never seen before) stormed the place in its entirety, banned and killed every single one of us (the shitposters) and also made an entirely new set of rules for the forum (which, needless to say, were extremely damaging for the shitposters). It also established a filter for new threads, every single one of them needed approval before appearing into the subforum
History repeats in the scariest ways
this is why they teach history in schools
Meah
looking for water tap gf
abraker

kai99 wrote:

this is why they teach history in schools
And still repeat it because you don't know any better
Topic Starter
Serraionga
Hold on, that's not the end of the story. There's still more.

After that massive shitstorm, the subforum went into a state of decay. There was little reason to keep posting, even some of the people who were against all the shitposting tried to object to the admin's methods, but they were banned/slain like the rest. It was pointless to keep protesting and, as mentioned previously, we had no choice but to retreat until things settled down.

6 months later, I returned to the forum to see how things were going. The subforum was still ruled under the iron fist of the admin and everyone was exceptionally careful with their words. Forum games started to be allowed there and things seemed peaceful for everyone... except for the shitposters. It's like everyone forgot what happened that fateful day and, worst of all, there were people defending the admin and their actions now, with all their might (to the point of idolizing him, a pretty disgusting sight I must say...). There was literally nothing we could do...

...until the beginning of 2011, that is. A big revolution was coming, one that changed the subforum in its entirety. They weren’t ready for what we had in store.

Foxtrot
looking for water tap gf
levesterz
Looking for water tap gf
kai99
o....... revolution

looking for water tap gf
Aurani
Quick fact: I never liked Spanish people.