forum

[Archived] Is CTL490DW drivers fixed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
amendobobo2
Im going to buy a tablet to osu, and i was thinking about CTL490 but searching in the forum i found some people saying that this tablet had some input lag, so i tried find CTL480L, but everywhere i look theres only 490DW selling. Is new drivers ok? Is this tablet cool?

ps: i live in Brazil, and here, stores only sell the newest version
Lacrimosa
I doubt that the drivers for CTL 490 are fine now. But there are a couple workarounds you can do to reduce the input lag. Mainly the lag originates from the pen, and there have been many people reporting that they encounter no input lag when dragging the pen on the tablet instead of hovering. However, If you are the type of player who hovers, you could try wrapping the pen tip with tape. It seems to be working for most users.
SwiftXD
Dragging is fine, but here's the catch with this tablet:
1. When hovering you have input lag with any driver and putting tape over the nib only gives me registering issues; (the cursor starts shaking and missregistering sometimes)
2. When dragging, if you have sweaty palms (your palms sweat when you're nervous, playing a competitive game, taking an exam, etc) you won't be able to play more than a minute at best as your hand will slide to the tablet's surface and you won't be able to point the pen accordingly.

Another thing is that the surface wears the pen's nib down kinda fast so you may consider getting a tablet surface or just a plastic sheet to wrap the tablet in. I keep mine without anything as the coating on the area wherei spin (for spinners) is already wore down on the tablet and the nib is wearing down a little less.