forum

[Archived] osu! Heavy Stuttering on High-End PC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tadayoshi
Problem Details:

This started about a week ago. Just randomly, my osu! has been stuttering and freezing during gameplay and the main menus. Now, I have a high end gaming pc that can run anything i throw at it on ultra just fine, but it can't run osu? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. (BTW, i read some of the other posts, and switching the release stream did not help at all)

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
Phx

Tadayoshi wrote:

Problem Details:

This started about a week ago. Just randomly, my osu! has been stuttering and freezing during gameplay and the main menus. Now, I have a high end gaming pc that can run anything i throw at it on ultra just fine, but it can't run osu? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. (BTW, i read some of the other posts, and switching the release stream did not help at all)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)

SAME I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST ABOUT IT
FirePhoenix115
Have this issue aswell and i have a maxed out PC.

Also got weird mouse lagging and jumping
Phx

FirePhoenix115 wrote:

Do you mean a lag spike them input lag? That's what I get if I get a lag spike during gameplay.
Topic Starter
Tadayoshi

Phx_Blaster007 wrote:

FirePhoenix115 wrote:

Do you mean a lag spike them input lag? That's what I get if I get a lag spike during gameplay.

What is happening isn't input lag. The problem for me is stuttering when i click on a song, or randomly during gameplay. it's especially a problem when i try to play multiplayer, as every five seconds the game freezes... Like I said, osu! is the only game on my system that does this... :cry:
Phx

Tadayoshi wrote:

What is happening isn't input lag. The problem for me is stuttering when i click on a song, or randomly during gameplay. it's especially a problem when i try to play multiplayer, as every five seconds the game freezes... Like I said, osu! is the only game on my system that does this... :cry:
No I get the stuttering when i click a song, or randomly during gameplay too. Even switching songs sometimes the story board lags back. But I also get input lag if a lag spike happens during gameplay, then i have to alt tab out of the program and back into it then the input lag goes away.
Topic Starter
Tadayoshi

Phx_Blaster007 wrote:

Tadayoshi wrote:

No I get the stuttering when i click a song, or randomly during gameplay too. Even switching songs sometimes the story board lags back. But I also get input lag if a lag spike happens during gameplay, then i have to alt tab out of the program and back into it then the input lag goes away.
honestly, I have no idea why this is happening. I've pretty much decided to stop playing until this gets fixed..
Topic Starter
Tadayoshi
I found the fix. I emailed peppy, (and I actually got a response, bless) and he gave me the ultimatum. I have to reinstall. So i went into my osu! folder, backed up my screenshots, skins, replays and maps to one of my secondary drives, uninstalled osu!, reinstalled it, and move all of my crap back into the folder. And, it works! So, even though it sucks to backup everything and reinstall, i can see it was totally necessary to make my game playable again. 8-)
Phx

Tadayoshi wrote:

I found the fix. I emailed peppy, (and I actually got a response, bless) and he gave me the ultimatum. I have to reinstall. So i went into my osu! folder, backed up my screenshots, skins, replays and maps to one of my secondary drives, uninstalled osu!, reinstalled it, and move all of my crap back into the folder. And, it works! So, even though it sucks to backup everything and reinstall, i can see it was totally necessary to make my game playable again. 8-)
Nope, I just figured it out. It was cutting edge that was doing it to me. Switched to stable and it works fine. (Though u could be right too)
WingsOfDarkness
I am quite depressed that I can not play osu! due it is stuttering. i have tried the above like reinstalling the game but it did not work for me. I have RTX2060 and 3060 with ryzen 5 2600x cpu It is not the best but I can still play anygame RTX on with no issues. But osu! is cripling me. It is unplayable.
What I have tried so far:
1- Reinstalling the game.
2- Reinstalling my Gpu drivers.
3- Disabling Nvidia reflex or switching it to ultra.
4- Reinstalling osu! to another drive.
5- Changing the osu! skin or using the default skin.
6- Overclocking my gpu nand cpu.
7- Turning of the win 11's gaming mode.
I have been trying to fix this for 7 hours straight and I still can not find the solution. Here is the video showing how it stutters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvaI77C8EUE
edit: Literally 3 Minutes after posting this I realised that leaving Faceit anti cheat open in background stutters osu!. I am not sure why it does that but if you the same issue and use faceit try turning off faceit anti cheat. it literally gave me back 1 my 1 ms latency and 600Fps immideatly.
masayukikawa
I was turning off and on some start up app to see why osu was lagging a lot.
I found armoury crate on start up which is a ready installed app in gaming pc. it causes lag spike.
if you bought gaming pc try turning it off for start up.
Lyawi

masayukikawa wrote:

I was turning off and on some start up app to see why osu was lagging a lot.
I found armoury crate on start up which is a ready installed app in gaming pc. it causes lag spike.
if you bought gaming pc try turning it off for start up.
please don't bump old threads~