forum

Need to crop the song in Edit Mode [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Amarock_old
Hiya :3

So I started making a beatmap (my very first one) and after completing 1:45 of the beatmap, I realized the song I chose is 5 minutes long. I need to crop it to make it shorter but don't want to lose all the work I did.
I can't figure out how to shorten the song in Osu itself...
Does anyone have any guidance for me?

I know there are ways to crop the song in other programs, but I'm not sure if I can import the cropped version into the beatmap I've already made. I really don't want to lose all the work I did!! D;

Thanks! :)
Mafiamaster
Go ahead and crop the mp3 file. Just keep the same name of the old mp3 for the new one while replacing it.
Offset may change slightly when you do this so be sure to recheck the timing of your map.
peppy
Make sure to do a full-submit after making mp3 changes if you have already BSS'd the map (and also let anyone modding know that it has changed).
Topic Starter
Amarock_old
I made a new, cropped version of the song but can't figure out how to import it over the 5 min version...
Does anyone know how to do this?
mm201
Replace the mp3 in your beatmap folder with your new one.
(The map's offset may change by ~30ms depending on how you cut it.)
Topic Starter
Amarock_old
Great! Thank you for all the advice! I have the file officially replaced :)
Colddark99
why when i replaced the song, osu will crash if i edit or play the bm .-.
Sandy Hoey
Please don't post on marked threads. Created your own because your issue might be different if the solutions in the marked thread don't work for you