forum

[Archived] Game performance became awful out of nowhere

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FrooTxLuPs
Problem Details:
Hey! So I've been playing osu! for 3 months or something like that and I've always used full screen on a 23 inch monitor and never ever have problems before. So I went on this 2 week trip to the states when I playes only 2 short sessions and never experienced a problem on 1080 on my laptop screen, but now that I´m back playing on the exact same conditions I used to in my monitor the game lags randomly in the middle of songs but worse that that if I want to have the beginning of the song lagless I need to retry the map like 4 quick times before it runs properly. Something I noticed is that when I played on my monitor the resoultion was higher than 1920x1080 (can´t remeber exactly) but now it sets the fullscreen resolution to 1920x1080 on the big monitor; that might be the issue but I can't change it like it was before the trip. The game is unplayable right now and is just frustrating, if someone knows a way to fix this I would be extremely grateful. PS: the moment i started playing in my monitor I ran the osu! updater just to make sure it was updated I don't know if that had something to do. :cry: :|

Update: it runs perfectly on my laptop screen the problem only appears when connected to the monitor. WTF :?:

osu! version: 20170103.2