forum

[Archived] Incredibly Annoying Mouse Issue! Need Help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cornholio77
Problem Details: My mouse is drifting in specific directions. For example if I draw circles on top of each other in paint to the left the mouse will drift right and vice versa. In Osu the mouse drifts downwards and right on about every song, which is weird when all have unique mappings.
This is a brand new mouse and mousepad. I thought my Deathadder and Goliathus mousepad was causing this problem, so I bought a brand new high quality mouse and mousepad from Zowie for 100 euro in combined price. The problem REMAINS.
I tried a program called marc mousefix to remove all kinds of mouse acc and the mouse recorder shows perfect 1x1 sensor readings. Yet this still occurs.

This is extremely annoying as you can see in the video, I'm forced to lift the mouse eventually. Also it removes focus from the game to where my mouse is positioned and causes my arm to be positioned in a weird way when the mouse eventually comes of the mousepad.
Not my best playthrough and I had to use windowmode cuz Radeon ReLive wouldn't work in Fullscreen.

I have no idea why this happen and I'm in dire need of help. I play 4-5 star maps and can sometimes Full Combo those, but it's extremely hard with this problem. It causes me to stop playing Osu because it's just not fair.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://vimeo.com/203378871 (Might still be converted atm)

This is not necessarily an Osu related problem, since in Paint I have similar issue. But Osu is the only game where this problem is a big problem.
osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Kao
Maybe this program can help?
t/538626
_handholding
buy tablet? it worked for me
Sandy Hoey

Kisses wrote:

buy tablet? it worked for me
It certainly would have been cheaper LUL
FreezyLemon
I was playing mouse + keyboard for 8-9 months before switching to tablet, and from my experience I would say that mouse drift is a usual but terribly annoying thing... I mean, I had it "through" 3 different gaming mice, talked about this problem with friends (who had it too before switching) and I even saw Angelsim complaining about it on stream a few times...
So, I guess you either have to get used to it or buy a tablet (I've seen some people in the osu community say that you can counteract mouse drift somehow, but never saw a real explanation of it... so I don't think it's actually possible)
Topic Starter
Cornholio77
That program looks interesting and I might try it out.

I don't really want to use a tablet, I always played with mouse and enjoyed that.

I know there are some really good Osu Players here who use Mouse, I wonder if they can give some input on my issue.
Sandy Hoey
Its not that they have found some way to avoid mouse drift, they have just learned techniques to play with it. If you change your posture, move your mouse pad and mouse towards the direction you tend to drift in, you can mitigate some of the large shifts. But it will always be there
_Meep_
I think your problem has to do with mice latency,I'll give you a thread to help you fix this later on.
t/457061
There u go
Kao

_Meep_ wrote:

I think your problem has to do with mice latency,I'll give you a thread to help you fix this later on.
t/457061
There u go
Sometimes setting osu! To run at normal or below normal priority helps reducing mouse lag, high priority could help too in some cases
Topic Starter
Cornholio77
The mice latency trick didn't change anything. It's nothing to do with lag. The mouse drifts, as if the DPI is different at some directions, even tho I used a mouse recorder to check and its perfect 1x1 sensor readings. Doesn't make any sense.