forum

[Archived] Z key's input not being read correctly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UncleCane
Hi there o/

Well, today I wanted to start on regular osu, so I tried a few maps, and couldn't stop noticing how in some maps, my Z key would not work propely or work at all.

I'll try to give an example:

SPOILER
In map A, when I tried hitting the single notes, the input would miss (I'm no pro, but I know my timing was right, especially in Easy mode for that map), but with the others, it went fine.

Map B however, would make me miss most single notes that came after hold ones, and sometimes while holding, the ball would miss (like I've let go before it ends), even though I held Z until the end.

It may be because I'm a noob and I'm doing something wrong, but I want to make sure it is that or something else that wouldn't be hardware related or so.

Thanks for your attention!! (/^w^)/

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
Try pressing f10, this will disable mouse buttons during gameplay which may have been interfering with the z button

If that doesn't work, I have follow up question: is it only working while in osu!, or outside as well
Topic Starter
UncleCane

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Try pressing f10, this will disable mouse buttons during gameplay which may have been interfering with the z button

If that doesn't work, I have follow up question: is it only working while in osu!, or outside as well
Tested on a few maps, it persists :c
The key works fine outside of osu, no problems at all.
JSE
Usually it's mouse buttons enabled, but you haven't accidently changed the offset in settings to an unreasonable value have you?
Topic Starter
UncleCane

jsebean wrote:

Usually it's mouse buttons enabled, but you haven't accidently changed the offset in settings to an unreasonable value have you?
Nope, I got the offset back to 0ms before playing (I used -18ms in mania, and I figured it would do no good outside of it :v)
Kao
Try using other keys by rebinding them
Possibly Ghosting is occurring