forum

Camellia - Routing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Natsu
Map link: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/908183

uh,so this map got DQ yesterday for some improvements in Extra diff, that is resolved already with alot of visual issues, rhythm and NCs, Anyways, there is this 7 stars diffs, the mapper want to rank the beatmap with it, which is nice, since we all understand we usually put more effor at our harder diff.
Ok, the problem is you guys think the spread Extra - Comfort is fine? rhythm is really similar tho.

This map was DQ two times, so I need all the posible help with it, so come and post your opinions, I'm trying to show the mapper that positive things can be always archive from DQ, Extra looks alot better now, without changing the core of the map.
Okoratu
From whatever angle I look at it, I don't think its necessary.
Another "spread lol" extra would look like a baby comfort while being rhythmically almost identical. I don't think there's much sense to adding more baby comforts to that set.

and the way i see it extra is pretty underrated which makes the gap seen larger than it really is
Cherry Blossom

Okorin wrote:

and the way i see it extra is pretty underrated which makes the gap seen larger than it really is
It's really true.
For this kind of song and mapping style, it's a huge mistake to rely on star rating and the way rhythm is used.

Concerning 1/4 jumps (or ~ 280 with 1/2)
It's really different than <200 BPM jumps concerning "difficulty curve" according to the distance.
Let's say, with <200BPM the curve looks more or less linear, while high BPM stuff's curve looks more like square or exponential function.
But star rating only considers it when there is a long jump pattern.
Topic Starter
Natsu
I have enough input already