forum

OT OVERLORDS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
This is a thread dedicated to our OT Lords.

[2007 - 2009] GD era
[2009 - ???] Ephemeral
[2009 - 2012] The old OT
[2012 - 2014] Wojjan
[2014 - 2014] Shellghost
[2014 - 2014] Mr Color
[2014 - 2016] Brian OA
[2016 - 2017] Stefan
[2017 - 2017] Flanster
[2017 - 2018] Uni

help me fill in the lineage...

Wojjan's statement of OT
Original thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/560825

Wojjan wrote:

THIS IS WHAT CHANGES
  1. FOR YOU, NOTHING. DO NOT START BEING STUPID. IF YOU ARE BEING STUPID, STOP BEING STUPID

2. I might delete or edit more posts than other mods do because what is considered 'content' in Off-Topic varies immensely from the other boards. I know, I am a jerk like that. If your post contains nothing beyond the word 'lol' or any similar garbage, I will probably delete it, so don't bother.

3. Moderation in Off-Topic should be in spirit of Off-Topic. I will occasionally (not often) use my editty powers not necessarily to fix an issue in OT, but just played for laughs. I will only do this if I feel that this doesn't especially ridicule or discriminate against the user whose post I'm mutilating. If I edited your post, and you feel that I made you look stupid, take it up with me in PM, but please stay polite about this. If you play your cards right you might even score an apology out of me! How awesome would that be? Super awesome. Apologies by me are nectar to mortal men.
  4. I am still searching where everything I am allowed to play with is hidden. Please do not expect me to merge three threads and sticky it come day one. Expect me to make a mistake once in a while, and feel free to call me out on this, because it is probably the only way I will find out in this disposable-submission sense of posting in OT.

Other than all of that I'm gonna continue posting like I always did but now I don't have to give awp a holler every time things threaten to get out of hand. All in all a great improvement! I'm leaving this thread open for myself to experiment with the powers I have been granted by the ancient gods in ancient books.

CLICKING ON PATCHOULI WILL TAKE YOU TO THE NEW REPORT FUNCTION

Brian OA's Reign
To be updated...

Stafan's 2017 Statement of OT
Original thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/560825

Stafan wrote:

Off-Topic was for once a peaceful place where everyone could live together and the content being valuable. The big names of the past are responsible that Off-Topic was a place you could hide from the serious conversations and questions what sort of tablet is the best one to purchase. But everything has changed when it has been decided that the osu!staff take care for Off-Topic and this change was groundshaking for the whole subforum.

There was one man, dedicated to look for this forum and to regulate the quality and content of the posts and thread being created there. He had to fight against the criticism of many rebels - who was fighting for their rights, and their posts and threads. He understood their feelings, yet he knew it will be the best for the majority. But there was also the side that supported this man's actions, and cheer up this man for being the "Savior of OT".

Off-Topic got hit hard by many epidemics, such as the Fanclub epidemic but it stood strong to pass all difficulties and to work on a future of wonderful posting, to have fun and a nice laugh, and to come back to the roots: to be a community. But the dark side of the man grew stronger by the amount of shitposts being done in a short time period, and so he became insane.

Overreacted silences over hours and hours, removal of threads and the big number of locks made Off-Topic to a bleak place where shitposting wasn't present anymore but shittalking was a thing. People have been obliterated from the universe of osu!, others left Off-Topic and emigrate to a new place - a cold place. And today, this man decided to be submissive to the dark side.

roshan never will be the same again

faiswusuf is gone forever

Fizzn gave up to be a memer

Blitzfrog keeps trying to be funny

Brian watches the events from the outside

FelicianoGasai is still unknown

Mahogany is still a brony

and everyone else is now looking.

Ephemeral's 2017 Declaration of Totalitarianism
Original Thread: t/604424

they're really simple. follow these and you'll have a good time (hopefully):

1. you may only post ONE thread per 24 hours. we don't care enough about this to track it to the hour but basically if you post multiple threads in a day, they'll be classed as shit threads and promptly disposed of.
  2. you can comment freely in any thread without limit. comment away. contribute, make stupid memes, do whatever, just do it in threads as comments, not comments as threads.
  3. games that involve forums (mafia, last person 2 post, mods vs admins, whatever) go to forum games. they count as your daily thread if you fuck up and post them in OT proper.
  4. if your thread involves an open-ended question and the discussion thereof (what's your favorite anime waifu etc), it belongs in surveys. see above.
  5. try to post entertaining and amusing content. OT is pretty much meant for silly discussions, so being a little silly is fine, but if your "silly" becomes indistinguishable from you actually being absolutely fucking stupid, you risk being exiled.
  6. serious discussion topics go to general discussions. topics about religion, politics, abortion, etc et al all go to GD for semi-serious discussion. alternatively, don't have these discussions at all.
  7. birthday threads must have no less than 3 anime dancing gifs in the OP. you can get exiled for repeatedly ignoring this. it's important. don't ask why it's important, it just is.
  8. if you repeatedly break the rules of the grand edict, you risk being exiled.
what does being exiled mean exactly?

exiled users will have their threads locked and wastelanded immediately as soon as a moderator notices. they're still free to talk in other people's threads, but even that privilege will be revoked if they continue being shit.

if an exiled user decides they want to be funny and spam the fuck out of the forum with threads that they know will get closed, they risk getting silenced pretty heavily. they can still make their one-a-day thread without risk, but even that will be closed as soon as a mod notices.

conversation in threads made by exiled users is a short-time thing, you can do it if you want, but it will never actually remain visible for more than a few hours at most.

after a while of being exiled and chatting relatively nicely in other people's threads, an exiled user might be returned to normal. maybe, but probably not. they got exiled in the first place for being a bastion of shit, so they're unlikely to change.

Yoeri
Sakura
chaee
Aurani
fat pear
suck my ass real hard
-Makishima S-
Deadbeat

awp (?)
fat pear
[ communism ]
FuZ
the great land of philippines
Yuudachi-kun
Me
mx04ma
i hope copyright claims tear this piece of shit excuse for a game apart soon
i mean it definitely will its just a matter of when

and hopefully the community staff get diagnosed with some sort of terminal illnesses before hitting 40, especially if they are a parent or something and can feel extra awful about having to leave their family behind. I would piss myself laughing and if i knew any of their names I'd check online mortuaries every 6 months until the day i die in hopes of that fap fuel appearing.
Foxtrot

Yoeri wrote:

Sakura
probably the most appropriate name in this whole thread

also dkun

edit: never mind i thought it was a list of party poopers, whoops.
Gumpy
peppy
B1rd
IppE
Lacrimae

FuZ wrote:

the great land of philippines
Shohei Ohtani
can i be a leader
Aurani

chaee wrote:

Aurani