forum

"Master" host in MP rooms

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Dhoe25
So after playing this game for a while and seeing all the things that can go wrong with host rotations, I think a "master" host with more control should be a thing. I'd like to see the master host be able to do a few things:

1) Change the normal "host" at will for things like host rotations going to an afk or someone trolling a lobby etc etc

2) Set map difficulty. Can't go over or under a certain amount of stars. This could also be used to sort through the MP lobby to find a room with a suitable difficulty for you. The master host could change it at will.

3) The master host would be the one with the ability to lock/unlock slots and kick and only him. You get the occasional troll who gets host then boots everyone from a room for fun. Pretty rare but this would solve that.

Maybe I'm forgetting some things but suggestion 2 is what I'd really like to see most. It would make finding a room to play in SOOOOO much easier for everyone. Would be nice to have something like this added to the game.
Bauxe
Topic Starter
Dhoe25
Well I guess I could add point #2 to that other forum thread if it wasn't (I didn't read every page). Having a difficulty lock for rooms and then not having to scroll through 100 rooms in the lobby trying to find one playing the difficulty your looking for would be really nice.

That thread was from 3 years ago though. Is it even being considered anymore? These things would make MP a lot better and I can't see any downsides.
Bauxe
It doesn't matter how old a request is.

Star difficulty lock is also requested somewhere, can't search for it right now though.
Remyria

Dhoe25 wrote:

Well I guess I could add point #2 to that other forum thread if it wasn't (I didn't read every page). Having a difficulty lock for rooms and then not having to scroll through 100 rooms in the lobby trying to find one playing the difficulty your looking for would be really nice.

That thread was from 3 years ago though. Is it even being considered anymore? These things would make MP a lot better and I can't see any downsides.
If your reply is constructive, add something new and makes the topic go forward(by still be at least logic to exist toward the actual game/forum when you do it), you could necro a topic that didn't get any answer in years