forum

Gareth Coker - Naru, Embracing the Light (feat. Rachel Melli

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Squichu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Xelasto
Hello! Random mod coming through. Not a formal one. (I'm making this map too :3)

1. In both modes, especially easy, it's not a good idea to use the faster sliders. Even in normal they should be used sparingly. The timing confuses those who actually play easy modes. A huge example of this is at 01:09:706

2. Some of your slider shapes are weird. 00:28:267 on your normal mode is an example.

3. You probably aren't finished, but make sure to add hitsounds.

4. Also, it's probably best if you don't map after 01:11:440 Because it dies down to a softer tone. Just a suggestion.

5. Finally, Kiai time SHOULD end at 01:11:440 because anything after it is not "exciting"

Hope you do well on your map! Once you've changed what you want please reply and tell me what you change (if you change anything.) Good luck :)
Topic Starter
Squichu
Ahw, thank you! :3 (for the star, too >w< !)
Yep, I'm not finished with the set yet. and the timing is still off, and I want that fixed first before I look for mods etc..

so I'll update the map when I get the correct timing and reply in detail to your suggestions then. :3

edit 10/26
timing was changed & the mod applied. :3
reply Xelasto

Xelasto wrote:

1. In both modes, especially easy, it's not a good idea to use the faster sliders. Even in normal they should be used sparingly. The timing confuses those who actually play easy modes. A huge example of this is at 01:09:706
I don't really know what you mean with 'fast sliders'. Do you mean those short 1/3 sliders? Because, imo, they are alright. They are sparingly used in Easy and more often in Normal, which is fine by difficulty. Also, there is a Beginner difficulty for the players who consider E/N too hard.

2. Some of your slider shapes are weird. 00:28:267 on your normal mode is an example.
I like all of the slider shapes, otherwise I wouldn't use them. :b but if you have any more detailed suggestions feel free to tell me! I'm open to any changes :3

3. You probably aren't finished, but make sure to add hitsounds.
Sure, I will add them! I'm still experimenting with them, tho.

4. Also, it's probably best if you don't map after 01:11:440 Because it dies down to a softer tone. Just a suggestion.
Of course the song gets softer at the end, but why shouldn't I map this part? It's so well mapable, sounds like a waste to ignore all of the outro :c

5. Finally, Kiai time SHOULD end at 01:11:440 because anything after it is not "exciting"
changed the Kiai!

Hope you do well on your map! Once you've changed what you want please reply and tell me what you change (if you change anything.) Good luck :)
Thanks a lot for checking the map even tho it's not finished! :3
Kalibe
From your queue ( m4m ).

general :

uncheck all stuff on song setup -> design

Prefer to call the spread : Easy -> Normal ( or Standart ) -> Hard

01:17:846 (1) - i think spinner should end here 01:20:014 or on red tick.

[Begginer]

HP and OD ^ = 2 please. HP or OD are too low ...

00:03:820 (2) - this slider break rhythm ... you avoided one big white line and two white beats.
00:10:021 (2) - ^
00:18:635 - there's a sound, even very nice
00:23:803 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - spamming NC's ... Consider this spam.
00:34:138 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - omg. This part is so boorrrinngggg. Even any circle isn't here ( I know this is begginer easy . And ye NC's spam ( do smth like : NC - per 4 big white ticks )
01:01:025 (1,2) - suggestion : swap NC's and 01:03:106 (1) - remove it and do it same as in 01:04:147 (2,1,2,1,2,1) - etc.

[Easy]

HP and OD ^ = 3

00:05:198 (1,3) - swap NC and remove it from 00:07:265 (1) -
00:18:635 - sound here lol
00:21:735 (1,2) - swap or just remove it NC
00:40:340 (1) - x: 412 y: 320
00:44:474 (1,2) - fix this bow >w<
01:07:962 (2) - x: 164 y: 336
01:10:390 (2,3) - http://puu.sh/l3uUJ/4b48f782be.jpg ?

And, that's all. GL ! ~~
Topic Starter
Squichu

Kalibe wrote:

general :

uncheck all stuff on song setup -> design
oops. done

Prefer to call the spread : Easy -> Normal ( or Standart ) -> Hard
No. The diffs are designed as Beginner/Easy/Normal, just because the star rating/icons don't match the name doesn't mean they are E/N/H

01:17:846 (1) - i think spinner should end here 01:20:014 or on red tick.
I prefer ending it on the downbeat

[Begginer]
HP and OD ^ = 2 please. HP or OD are too low ...
not too low for beginner diff, imo.

00:03:820 (2) - this slider break rhythm ... you avoided one big white line and two white beats.
I skipped these beats because it's one set melody. and this is a Beginner diff, ofc there are beats I have to skip.
00:10:021 (2) - ^ ^
00:18:635 - there's a sound, even very nice not the melody I'm following
00:23:803 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - spamming NC's ... Consider this spam. lol, what does that have to do with spam? I use NCs on every second downbeat for consistency. And I use them that often because it adds clarity.
00:34:138 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - omg. This part is so boorrrinngggg. Even any circle isn't here ( I know this is begginer easy . And ye NC's spam ( do smth like : NC - per 4 big white ticks ) it's _Beginner_. already explained the rest, so no change
01:01:025 (1,2) - suggestion : swap NC's and 01:03:106 (1) - remove it and do it same as in 01:04:147 (2,1,2,1,2,1) - etc. ^

[Easy]
HP and OD ^ = 3
matches the spread as it is atm, but I'll think about it~

00:05:198 (1,3) - swap NC and remove it from 00:07:265 (1) - why?
00:18:635 - sound here lol same as in Beginner
00:21:735 (1,2) - swap or just remove it NC why?
00:40:340 (1) - x: 412 y: 320 why?
00:44:474 (1,2) - fix this bow >w< okay
01:07:962 (2) - x: 164 y: 336 why?
01:10:390 (2,3) - http://puu.sh/l3uUJ/4b48f782be.jpg ? prefer the current rhythm

And, that's all. GL ! ~~
Thank you!
sorry, I rejected a lot of suggestions, which doesn't make the mod bad, but it really lacked any reasoning.
basically, you can make suggestions as much as you want - while I want to improve my map I like it as it is pretty much, so unless you can convince me with any arguments to change something, I won't do it. I don't mean it in a mean way or anything, it's just a little advice I can give you, cause I've been modding for quite a while now~ :3

updated!
-Lemons
m4m for your queue

• General
  1. Seems misstimed in the beginning by a small amount but I suck at timing so I can't really help fix that

Beginner
  2. 00:14:500 (3) - This slider design is pretty much a nono for anything this low of star rating. It looks nice and I love it but it will 99% confuse newbies since the slider tail and head are overlapping on themselves.
  3. 00:53:777 (2,1) - The line of play isn't very fluid here. Typically on easy's you want it to be a very clear line where you're supposed to go from note to note. Since 2 has you go upward you should have 1 be coming from upward, or you should remake 2 so it flows better into 1

Easy
  4. I saw earlier you mentiion something about your intentions of this being an easy regardless of star value, you use an awful lot of 1/2 in the beginning that I don't really think fits an easy but idk it's up to you. To me this diff functions like a really low star Normal difficulty. I'm going to mod this as if it was a normal difficulty so I won't bother pointing out slider designs that aren't allowed in easy but are cool in normals
  5. 00:26:903 (3) - Ctrl-H this so that way it flows smoother into the next slider
  6. 01:17:673 (1) - Move this to 96|240 to keep the pattern of flow the same

Normal
  7. Same as the above diff, this functions as a low star hard difficulty, so I'm going to treat it as such with the modding
  8. 00:18:290 (3) - Straighten this up with the previous slider
  9. 00:36:550 (2,3) - make this into a 1/2 slider? you don't do 3 single notes anywhere else during this part so it feels weird
Have a star for being a cool person
Topic Starter
Squichu
aaah, sorry. took me some time to reply to this, but I'm done apllyinf the mod now :3

-Lemons wrote:

• General
  1. Seems misstimed in the beginning by a small amount but I suck at timing so I can't really help fix that
    I know. the timing is slightly off at most parts, but I'm not good with that, too. I asked a few pro-timimg-people to help out, but I don't know if and when they have the time to look at this. :3 but I'll definitely get it fixed at some point!

Beginner
  2. 00:14:500 (3) - This slider design is pretty much a nono for anything this low of star rating. It looks nice and I love it but it will 99% confuse newbies since the slider tail and head are overlapping on themselves.
    I have to admit I didn't ask many people about this, but the ones I asked didn't have any trouble with this. I'll consider changing it later on ;_;
  3. 00:53:777 (2,1) - The line of play isn't very fluid here. Typically on easy's you want it to be a very clear line where you're supposed to go from note to note. Since 2 has you go upward you should have 1 be coming from upward, or you should remake 2 so it flows better into 1
    changed for better flow. differently than suggested, but should play better now!

Easy
  4. I saw earlier you mentiion something about your intentions of this being an easy regardless of star value, you use an awful lot of 1/2 in the beginning that I don't really think fits an easy but idk it's up to you. To me this diff functions like a really low star Normal difficulty. I'm going to mod this as if it was a normal difficulty so I won't bother pointing out slider designs that aren't allowed in easy but are cool in normals
  5. 00:26:903 (3) - Ctrl-H this so that way it flows smoother into the next slider
    didn't flip it, but rotated it instead to improve flow. flipped would have looked meh :c
  6. 01:17:673 (1) - Move this to 96|240 to keep the pattern of flow the same
    I think flow is okay as it is.. also I have this habit of ending diffs at the exact same coordinate as I start them, so if I changed this I had to move 00:01:064 (1) - too and that wouldn't work out nicely.. I know nobody's gonna pay attention, but I want it this way. >o< (Sorry, the idea itself is good!)

Normal
  7. Same as the above diff, this functions as a low star hard difficulty, so I'm going to treat it as such with the modding
  8. 00:18:290 (3) - Straighten this up with the previous slider
    okay
  9. 00:36:550 (2,3) - make this into a 1/2 slider? you don't do 3 single notes anywhere else during this part so it feels weird
    oh, true. didn't even notice. changed!
Have a star for being a cool person
Thanks a lot for the mod and the star!! :3

updated!
hitsounds are still incomplete!
Bekko
  • Everything is great!

But change the diffculty names.
    Beginner -> Easy
    Easy -> Normal
    Normal -> Hard

And maybe add some more diffculties (that are a bit harder) because i can hear some good times for 1/4 clicks
:) :D ;) :P :lol: :oops:

BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.