forum

How much xp (score) is needed to reach level 100?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chesnutcase
This isn't really a legit question so I'm posting it here instead of Tech Support

If I remembered correctly your total score (scores from passes and fails from ranked maps) adds to the xp/levels displayed on your profile.

Is there a formula/table to calculate how much score is needed to advance each level, more specifically, level 100?
Offdensen
Alot of time,Alot of practice.
silmarilen
somewhere between 26.5 and 27bil
here you can see the calculation https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Score#Level
[K]enshi
Just keep in mind that a high level doesn´t give any advantage.
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

somewhere between 26.5 and 27bil
here you can see the calculation https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Score#Level
accurate, i've got Total Score: 27,189,604,463 and i recently hit lv. 100. i'd say its closer to 27 bil than 26.5.
Parasyche
many hours sacrificed to osu!, and your first born child ofc
Topic Starter
chesnutcase
Thank you all for your input.

[K]enshi wrote:

Just keep in mind that a high level doesn´t give any advantage.
Well, it does give self motivation (something that I lack) and an extra number to look at for fun.
And to be honest this question was just asked out of interest/fun without much (malicious) intent.

osu!wiki wrote:

5,000 / 3 * (4n^3 - 3n^2 - n) + 1.25 * 1.8^(n - 60)
I tried calculating the actual value by writing a program, but got rather confused in the order of operations, so I interpreted it as

I wrote:

((5000/3)*(4n^3 - 3n^2 - n)) + (1.25*(1.8^(n-60))) per level
(so the total score needed should be a summation of the previous terms)

Translated into c++:

But I instead i got a significantly larger number of about 213billion (which definitely looks wrong according to you guys who suggest 27bil). screengrab here

Welp, forgive me for potentially turning this into a programming thread I'm just bored.
If anyone with programming knowledge can spot my error please do reply yeah :p
silmarilen

?
Topic Starter
chesnutcase
Wow I messed up so hard I thought that the formula on the wiki shows the score required to advance through each level.
Thanks