forum

Mafia in Hoenn Region - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Frostings
in case what? Irre and SNB both lied about their role?
Ace Timing
I'm just going to go now, since nothing will come out of investigating Amianki

I'm Grumpig

Odor Slueth: During the night, you may investigate someone by sending Odor Sleuth: PlayerName. By using this, you will learn the target's alignment. You can receive a result of Town, Anti-town or No Result.

N1: fartownik - result was town
N2: Amianki - result was town
fartownik

Amianki wrote:

I targeted Irreversible because he was the biggest question mark that was the least likely to be resolved today.
Not sure if CONFIRMED DYING is exactly 'the least likely'.
fartownik
fucking hell why does everyone target me seriously
fartownik
Btw, if there's no Jailkeeper claim from any of the Town, Frostings is scum.
Amianki
oh my fucking god
Amianki
This shit is why you don't let me make decisions in the middle of a work week.
MBomb
I'm back a lot sooner than expected kk
Topic Starter
Navizel
um
Ace Timing
So confirmed town:

fartownik
rEdo
Amianki

Probably town:
Drezi
Magic Bomb

Scum:
SNB
Frostings
fartownik
p/4364458 - SNB claims here
p/4364557 - Amianki posts something so he had to see SNB's claim
p/4365121 - Amianki refers to my post right above SNB saying he targeted Irre. Notice that my post is a shitton longer than SNB's and he must have seen him claiming there as well.

Conclusion: Amianki knew about Irre dying and he's playing stupid.
fartownik
Though that would mean Ace Timing is also scum.
Topic Starter
Navizel

Ace Timing wrote:

Odor Slueth: During the night, you may investigate someone by sending Odor Sleuth: PlayerName. By using this, you will learn the target's alignment. You can receive a result of Town, Anti-town or No Result.
1.3) Quoting any PM from the moderator will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing is usually acceptable.
Ace Timing
well crap. Guess I'm dying then.
fartownik
thx mod for confirming his role for us
fartownik
oh damn, he will be rekt
Ace Timing
Twas a nice run then.
fartownik
I hope the day doesn't end after you're modkilled.
Topic Starter
Navizel
Ace Timing, Grumpig the Cop from Town faction, has been buried in Mt. Pyre.

It is now Night 3. Deadline of submission is on July 27 7:40PM GMT -5. This is 24 hours from now.
MBomb
Night 3*
Topic Starter
Navizel
Sometimes, small mistakes can lead to tragic endings.

Drezi the Gardevoir, a Motivator from the Town faction, has been killed twice Night 3.
rEdo the Metagross, a Hider from the Town faction, died from trusting others Night 3.
fartownik the Nosepass, a 1-shot Bulletproof from the Town faction, has been killed Night 3.

Three pokemon from Town faction has been killed in quick succession thus ending the game with a Team Mafia win.

- Magic Bomb - the Kyogre, a One-shot Strongman from Team Mafia, has survived Night 3 and won!

Amianki the Dusclops, a Godfather Role Cop from Team Mafia, has survived Night 3 and won!

Hoenn has been flodded due to Kyogre. Many died from drowning, both human beings and pokemon. Those who survived were sucked into Dusclops's black hole-like body where they will stay forever and will never come back again.

Frostings the Slaking, a Non-consecutive Night Vigilante from Town faction, has been endgamed.
Static Noise Bird, a 1-shot Poisoner form Town faction, has been endgamed.
Birdy
...what.
Birdy
Funny how this could have been avoided if Ace didn't break rules :?
Topic Starter
Navizel
Could've handled the game better.

Dead QT

Mafia may release their QT if they wish.

shenanigans
Day 1 Actions
-[Jess]- doublevotes Tess (1-shot doublevote gone)
Tess is lynched

Night 1 Actions
Frostings - Giga Impact on Jess. (Jess's 1-shot BP gone)
rEdo - Substitute on fartownik (rEdo untargetable for the night)
Amianki - Frisk on fartownik (Amianki learns fartownik is 1-shot BP)
Static Noise Bird - 1-shot Toxic on Irreversible (Irreversible will die N2)
Ace Timing - Odor Sleuth on fartownik (Town Result)
Drezi - Helping Hand on rEdo (extra action next night)
Zexion - Heal Pulse on Drezi (protected for a single nightkill)
Magic Bomb - Factional kill Zexion

Day 2 Actions
-[Jess]- is lynched.

Night 2 Actions
Irreversible is dead because of poison.
rEdo - Substitute on Static Noise Bird (untargettable for the night); didn't use second substitute.
Ace timing - Odor Sleuth on Amianki.(Town cause godfather)
Amianki - Frisk on Irreversible. (Tracker)
Drezi - Helping Hand on Magic Bomb (gets another strongman)

Day 3 Actions
Ace Timing was modkilled

Night 3 Actions
Frostings - Giga Impact on Drezi (Drezi dies)
Drezi - Helping Hand on Amianki (Extra Role Cop)
Amianki - Frisk on Drezi (Motivator)
Magic Bomb - Strongman fartownik (fartownik dies)
Magic Bomb - Factional kill Drezi (Drezi dies again)
rEdo - Substitute on Magic Bomb. (rEdo dies)
Ace Timing
What the actual fuck. That was the best scumplay I've seen in years. Literally everyone read Magic Bomb town. Jeez, teach me your secrets.
Zexion
Why did everyone townread Magic Bomb? x_x

ggwp scum.

Wish I could have played some more >_<
Zexion
can we have scum QT, I want to know why I was nightkilled N1 or how the process to choose me went.
MBomb
idek why I was being townread
-[Jess]-
MBomb
Topic Starter
Navizel
Frostings

Navizel wrote:

Slaking spends all day lying down and lolling about. It eats grass growing within its reach. If it eats all the grass it can reach, this Pokémon reluctantly moves to another spot.
You are Slaking from the Town faction!
The following can guide you through victory:
Giga Impact - You can use this during the night by sending Giga Impact: PlayerName. Doing so will kill your target. However, you must recharge after use.
Opinion and Vote - During the day, you can voice your opinion and vote someone.

You win when all the mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive.

rEdo

Navizel wrote:

Metagross has four brains in total. Combined, the four brains can breeze through difficult calculations faster than a supercomputer. This Pokémon can float in the air by tucking in its four legs.
You are Metagross from the Town faction!
Substitute - You can use this ability during the night by sending Substitute: PlayerName. Doing so will make you hide behind your targeted person. You will die if you targeted a mafia member. You will be untargettable if you targeted a town member. However, if the targeted town person was killed during the night, you will die as well.

You win when all the mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive.

Drezi

Navizel wrote:

Gardevoir has the ability to read the future. If it senses impending danger to its Trainer, this Pokémon is said to unleash its psychokinetic energy at full power.
You are Gardevoir from the Town faction!
Helping Hand - During the night, you can target someone by sending Helping Hand: PlayerName. Targeted player will get an extra action the following night.

Tess

Navizel wrote:

Mawile’s huge jaws are actually steel horns that have been transformed. Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard. When the foe least expects it, Mawile chomps it with its gaping jaws.
You are Mawile from the Town faction!
Intimidate - You can intimidate someone during the night by sending Intimidate: PlayerName. Doing so will block the target's actions for that night.

fartownik

Navizel wrote:

Nosepass’s magnetic nose is always pointed to the north. If two of these Pokémon meet, they cannot turn their faces to each other when they are close because their magnetic noses repel one another.
You are Nosepass from the Town faction!
Sturdy - This ability will protect you from a single kill.

Zexion

Navizel wrote:

Latias is highly sensitive to the emotions of people. If it senses any hostility, this Pokémon ruffles the feathers all over its body and cries shrilly to intimidate the foe.
You are Latias from the Town faction!
Heal Pulse - During the night, you can heal someone by sending Heal Pulse: PlayerName. Doing so will protect the targeted player from a single nightkill. Heal Pulse may affect anyone but the user.

Static Noise Bird

Navizel wrote:

Seviper shares a generations-long feud with Zangoose. The scars on its body are evidence of vicious battles. This Pokémon attacks using its sword-edged tail.
You are Seviper from the Town faction!
Toxic - You can poison someone during the night by sending Toxic: PlayerName. This will make the target poisoned leaving him dead the following night. This is a one-shot ability.

Irreversible

Navizel wrote:

Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster Pokémon.
You are Absol from the Town faction!
Mean Look - During the night, you may track someone by sending Mean Look: PlayerName. By using this, you will learn whoever that player targeted but not what action that player performed.

Sniverre235/Ace Timing

Navizel wrote:

Grumpig uses the black pearls on its body to amplify its psychic power waves for gaining total control over its foe. When this Pokémon uses its special power, its snorting breath grows labored.
You are Absol from the Town faction!
Odor Sleuth - During the night, you may investigate someone by sending Odor Sleuth: PlayerName. By using this, you will learn the target's alignment. You can receive a result of Town, Anti-town or No Result.

- Magic Bomb -

Navizel wrote:

Kyogre is said to be the personification of the sea itself. Legends tell of its many clashes against Groudon, as each sought to gain the power of nature.
You are Kyogre from the Mafia faction!
Sheer Cold - You can use this during the night by sending Sheer Cold: PlayerName. Doing so will kill the target. In addition, the kill is also unblockable by any means. This is a one-shot ability.
Opinion and Vote v2.0 - During the day, you can voice your opinion and vote someone in the thread. During the night, you can communicate with your fellow mafia here. Mafia may also kill someone at night there.

You win when you control half the votes or nothing can prevent this from happening.
Jess

Navizel wrote:

The DNA of a space virus underwent a sudden mutation upon exposure to a laser beam and resulted in Deoxys. The crystalline organ on this Pokémon’s chest appears to be its brain.
You are Deoxys from the Mafia faction!
Attack Forme - During the day, you may vote someone twice. For the vote to count as double, you must vote the player twice. e.g. Vote:PlayerName, Vote:PlayerName. You can only double vote the same person and this ability can’t be used during LyLo.
Defense Forme - You can block a single kill. This is a passive ability therefore no need for PMs. How convenient.
Speed Forme - During the night, you can leave Pokearth and stay at the outer space for that night leaving you untargetable for the same night. However, you can't perform any other actions for that night.
You can only change your forme once therefore all of your abilities are one-shot.
Opinion and Vote v2.0 - During the day, you can voice your opinion and vote someone in the thread. During the night, you can communicate with your fellow mafia here. Mafia may also kill someone at night there.

You win when you control half the votes or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Amianki

Navizel wrote:

Dusclops’s body is completely hollow—there is nothing at all inside. It is said that its body is like a black hole. This Pokémon will absorb anything into its body, but nothing will ever come back out.
You are Dusclops from the Mafia faction!
Confuse Ray - This ability can only affect cops. In fact, cops are already affected. When you are investigated by cops, they will receive an innocent result.
Frisk - Instead of checking your foe's held item through this ability, you will know what their role is. During the night, simply send Frisk: PlayerName.

fartownik
Magic Bomb's play was masterpiece for a first-timer. We'd have lost this game even if you haven't been modkilled Ace, pretty sure about that. We'd have lynched Frostings and everything would go the same as it went. I think people townread you so much because you were the only first-timer from this game showing some actual logical thinking (others were Jess and Sniverre).

There was so much off about Amianki's play... that Town result on him from Ace Timing was totally misleading, didn't see a Godfather coming. Didn't see this game to be so balanced coming (counter-roles for almost every single role). I will say one thing - fuck lurkers. I will remember this game and if I see such plays again I will try lynching all the fucking lurkers to death until they start talking.

fartownik wrote:

I seriously start feeling like we're all Town and all the scum are in the lurkers (Jess, rEdo, Amianki/Ace Timing).
I don't consider my play in this game too bad, besides lynching off Tess D1. At least two of my scumreads were correct (until some point), too bad we got unlucky and Ace Timing actually copscanned Amianki. The game was lost right at the moment the misleading role got triggered, no matter the fact that you got modkilled.
Sakura
How the heck did motivate give scum a 2nd night kill, i thought it didnt affect factional abilities: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Motivator
MBomb

Sakura wrote:

How the heck did motivate give scum a 2nd night kill, i thought it didnt affect factional abilities: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Motivator
It was I got a 2nd strongman shot, not mafia got a 2nd night kill
Sakura
Wait so you could vig and NK on the same night?
fartownik
And seriously, Drezi? You motivated Magic Bomb not even knowing his role? xD Couldn't you have motivated me knowing I had a used-up Bulletproof (it wasn't used-up, but it was implied from the lack of the nightkill n2) to bring it back and possibly save a confirmed Town's life? I just cannot emphasize how many weird circumstances were made this game that worked against Town but were supposed to work in our favor.
Sakura
considering scum could 2x NK that was a serious handicap against town already.
fartownik
And yeah... being able to use a Strongman kill AND a factional kill from THE SAME player in one Night seems kinda... off? OP as fuck? Strongman is not even a role that kills, it's just a modifier of the factional kill that allows piercing through bulletproofs. I don't get it.
Sakura
No, he didnt have a "strongman" he had a "strongman vig" according to his role PM. Still doesnt excempt it from being OP tho. Did GIF srsly review this?
MBomb

fartownik wrote:

And yeah... being able to use a Strongman kill AND a factional kill from THE SAME player in one Night seems kinda... off? OP as fuck? Strongman is not even a role that kills, it's just a modifier of the factional kill that allows piercing through bulletproofs. I don't get it.
I thought it was op, tbh, but when I asked Navizel by pm I got told they were two different kills
show more