forum

Mafia in Hoenn Region - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyxa
I had a mild suspicion of you (based on my gut) at the very early stages of the game, but I literally had nothing to go off of, so I figured I'd let it rest. Shortly after that I changed my attention to being wary of SNB, whom I've considered scum from the beginning. After your first few posts I legitimately thought you were town, and I still consider that a pretty plausible thing to happen. I could've just interpreted the mutual push as cooperation (since you were voting me before SNB did without saying anything, and at that time I still assumed there was a scum QT or something similar) while you voted me for town reasons instead.

So, in short; After I voted on SNB, you immediately voted me after, and continued pushing me along with SNB for a good time after that. Why wouldn't I suspect you're scum when you immediately vote me after I vote my primary suspect to get a reaction test, and both of you start pushing me like mad?

I'll be honest though, at this point, if by some miracle SNB got lynched instead of me and he flipped scum, I'm not sure if that would make you more suspicious or not. It really depends on what happens up to then. If three others hadn't started pushing me like that I would've been more certain.

tl;dr After your more recent posts I'm twice as certain about SNB being scum than I am about you.
Nyxa
^this is @farto
Nyxa
Ace Timing you summarized my mindset far better than I did ;_;

How do I words
Drezi
As for me it's not really about the lack of understanding of your stance on the game. It's the way you've been positioning yourself and presenting your thoughts, that gives me a sense of ulterior motives coming from a scum mindset, and the smaller things that just felt off.

Tess wrote:

Am I the only one seeing this?
Like this again, people didn't really pay attention so you just dropped the whole thing...?
Ace Timing

Tess wrote:

Ace Timing you summarized my mindset far better than I did ;_;

How do I words
Psychology I Honors boyz
Drezi
Also why the hell hasn't Jess used her doublevote yet?

I'm starting to think we could make Tess roleclaim and take it from there.
Ace Timing
Assuming she does indeed have double vote, she might believe that its better to save it untill its truly needed, or that (assuming she's town) mafia will kill her during the night because of the threat her role might pose to them. Or she's just afk. Either one. I'd be impressed if there was another reason.
Nyxa
By roleclaim do you mean my pokemon name, ability, or both?
fartownik
No one is killing Jess. That'd be the most stupid thing scum could do during the Night.

@Tess: and that's the thing. You're saying you scumreaded me 'for gut' and you scumreaded SNB 'from the beginning' but you say not even ONE REASON why, besides the fact that we both voted you (which is a pretty stupid logic by the way, it's very unlikely that 2 scum immediately start pushing the exact same person at the same exact time so blatantly). It really seems like you're just trying to stay consistent to your previous reads at this points no matter how silly that looks.
fartownik

Tess wrote:

By roleclaim do you mean my pokemon name, ability, or both?
I guess it's both. I'm fine with you claiming since that'd kinda push this game a little forward.
Drezi
Pokemons are just flavor afaik so that shouldn't matter, but no reason not to include it either.
Ace Timing

fartownik wrote:

No one is killing Jess. That'd be the most stupid thing scum could do during the Night.
Not saying that is what scum will do or anything, I'm just trying to look at Jess's mindset and try and see her thought process.
Drezi
hmhm that's fascinating, have you read our previous exchanges?
Ace Timing

Drezi wrote:

hmhm that's fascinating, have you read our previous exchanges?
Yeah, I also read her ISO. Her posts are quite amusing. Like when questioned about her alignment and she says 50/50. Or when she revealed her role but wouldn't say if it was town or mafia double vote. The biggest obstacle is the lack of posts.
Irreversible
In my opinion role claim is just something that scum would want at this point. In case this person got something good that person won't get lynched, yet they would most likely die next night because of OPness.
Irreversible
FoS: Drezi
Nyxa
Mawile
Intimidate (no night action for target player)
Opinion and Vote

fartownik wrote:

@Tess: and that's the thing. You're saying you scumreaded me 'for gut' and you scumreaded SNB 'from the beginning' but you say not even ONE REASON why, besides the fact that we both voted you (which is a pretty stupid logic by the way, it's very unlikely that 2 scum immediately start pushing the exact same person at the same exact time so blatantly). It really seems like you're just trying to stay consistent to your previous reads at this points no matter how silly that looks.
You're right, I didn't give a reason as to why. That's mainly because I haven't reread the thread to recollect my thoughts yet. As I recall, I wasn't very fond of SNB's attitude, and haven't been, the entire game. It doesn't strike me as town save for a rare post or two. That was good part of the reason that I wanted to stay silent, because I wanted to know if he'd behave as predicted without standing out too much. But as I said, I was silly for not softpushing other possible reads, and talked too much about that silence, which made me stand out too much. It's basically to do with how I think, usually when I want to do something I plan ahead, but when things get knocked off course this bad my thinking tends to get knocked off course too. Is it alright if I make a more complete post on my thoughts from then up to now when I'm not tired? Perhaps I can verbalize my feelings better then.

Also, I don't feel it's stupid logic when the two scums I'm considering are intelligent people. I expect you to use backwards methods, the whole point of being scum is doing things you wouldn't think scum would do. I think it's pretty stupid logic to think that scum would do what scum is likely to do. That'd be bad scum, which I don't assume you are.
Drezi
lol, well just go ahead and lynch Tess then
Drezi

Irreversible wrote:

that person won't get lynched, yet they would most likely die next night because of OPness.
Yeah that's the point kinda...
Irreversible

Drezi wrote:

Irreversible wrote:

that person won't get lynched, yet they would most likely die next night because of OPness.
Okay. So you want someone with a good ability killed that night (in case she's town) because it would be too frightening for scum. This is definitely not the point and 100% antitown. In case a person gets somehow confirmed town like this, this person will survive day 1; but not night 1. Thus, scum gets most likely 2 town where as town is left back with a really low chance for getting scum. Great.
Topic Starter
Navizel
There is a huge desert in Route 111 north of the Winstrates' house and behind the Trainer Hill... except Trainer Hill doesn't exist anymore. You can find the Desert Ruins and the Mirage Tower in the desert... except Mirage Tower doesn't exist anymore.

Votecount 1.10
fartownik -
Drezi -
Tess (4) - Frostings, Zexion, Drezi, Amianki
Irreversible -
-[Jess]- -
rEdo (2) - fartownik, - Magic Bomb -
Ace Timing (1) - -[Jess]-
Zexion -
- Magic Bomb - -
Frostings -
Amianki -
Static Noise Bird (2) - Irreversible, rEdo

Not Voting: Tess, Ace Timing, Static Noise Bird

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline will be on July 25 8:30PM GMT -5. This is 5 days from now.
Frostings is V/LA for 24 hours.

Let me know if I made any mistakes.
fml I messed up votecount 1.9
Drezi
Look, we don't lynch the guy who we would've lynched otherwise, and we let scum sort it instead... If he doesn't get killed he's either lying and scum or we get a night action result which we might be able to verify or we get a counterclaim etcetc.
Zexion

fartownik wrote:

Zexion wrote:

So MB is town just because she's following you?
Just look at those 3 posts p/4348898.

You can literally SEE his train of thoughts being transformed into posts there, and it looks extremely Town, at least to me. He votes rEdo, then in ANOTHER post he writes something to 'lessen his guilt' in potential Townie lynch (reading me as scum if rEdo flips Town), but then realizes that his read on me itself is actually strong enough for that to be overlooked. Especially his third post, the correction of his previous read is very convincing. Not to mention his reads are actually correct and close to what I'm thinking, but that can be counted as "sheeping", so it's not that important.
Yeah, I already saw they thought process is town-ish, but it's also extremely convenient for you, specially for the third post. I just wanted to make that remark.

Amianki wrote:

Zexion: Your first wall was pure fluff; when I voted you after it, you subtly tried to deflect it. I haven't read your other walls so I don't know whether this is consistent or not.

Amianki wrote:

Zexion wrote:

Also I can't agree more with your read on Amianki. He didn't even answer about the initial vote on me, and left me with a "when I read walls I'll tell".
This is a ridiculous statement. I've stated multiple times that I don't read walls unless I have a reason to on this site.
But not reading my other "walls" (I wouldn't even call them like that, most of them are quoted posts) its your fault there, what's so ridiculous anyways about that statement? I just recalled what you said before, and you haven't stated a single time in this game about not reading walls. Anyways, that's up to you and your time to play, but I assure you I don't write pure "fluff".

Also what does the rabbit image you posted mean? I am totally lost there.

rEdo wrote:

Zexion wrote:

I can't really tell why I'm so similar to SNB. You just left me there as scum then procceded to defend Tess and accusing SNB. Care to explain why I'm definitely scum to you?

Source: p/4345991/
...ah, okay. That wasn't too distinguishing, so I might have overlooked that. Ermm, what I saw so far in your posts was like just picking up Tess' inconsistencies and saying easy stuff like "Magic Bomb is town because X", and that would get generally accepted by people. Narrowing down just one person is not cool, you know, especially if everybody else in this game does narrow it too. That would mean you either have no idea what to do or you're scum looking for an easy opportunity to push a mislynch. Reading your ISO looks exactly like how I would play the game as scum: find a wagon that's the most accepted, scumpaint that person into a lynch and repeat the same until it's safe.

The above is also why I'm thinking SNB would be a better lynch than Tess for today, the latter seems like an easy mislynch.
Then you're not really reading my ISO because I am not reading MB as "100% confirmed town" now and I only did one time before I questioned an inconsistency in her arguments that's not letting me think of her as confirmed town. I think that you are looking again for lazy reasons to scumpaint me because you need someone else for your suspicions to go through.

(this post made me want to play 100% orange juice)

Ace Timing wrote:

rEdo wrote:

I agree, but why this is a town read rather than a null read.
Until he posts something I consider suspicious in a way, I will keep him as town. Since he hasn't posted much. Think of it as "innocent until proven otherwise".
No, I think its safer to assume the other way around. Do that and lurkers will never be scum trying to slip under the radar.

fartownik wrote:

Drezi wrote:

Anyway right now I'm only considering Jess as an alternative lynch, it's due to something I can't mention because of rules, but you can all check ; )
I know what you mean, but that only tells me Jess may be Town this game. Especially because of a thing I mentioned earlier this game.
But it could also work the other way around... if I'm thinking about what you said before.

fartownik wrote:

This is so true it hurts. I had to bring this up again, sorry.

Drezi wrote:

Irreversible wrote:

Wait what? So you just want people to claim PR's and then get killed by scum? While I do follow your logic, I think it could be a bigger damage for town if we suddenly lost all PR's.

Also how are we gonna get a counterclaim in a closed game?
Drezi
I just explained the principle there.
Drezi
We don't want town PR-s to claim wtf how is this even debateable, it's like a safety net before a lynch so we don't just lynch a PR for scummy play without getting something out of it at least.
Zexion

Drezi wrote:

We don't want town PR-s to claim wtf how is this even debateable, it's like a safety net before a lynch so we don't just lynch a PR for scummy play without getting something out of it at least.
Of course it isn't! That's why I asked after you "that's my point kinda" post. It kinda WTF'd me.
Drezi
@mod: can we know if roles were assigned after alignments or not?
Topic Starter
Navizel

Drezi wrote:

@mod: can we know if roles were assigned after alignments or not?
Roles were assigned before alignments. Roles cannot be used to determine alignment.
MBomb

fartownik wrote:

rEdo wrote:

Hmm thinking about it, I might not consider fartownik being scum, even if this did flip town, as I understand his reasoning behind this theory, if he is town, but I would say if it does, one of either SNB or Tess is probably scum.

Can you then move your vote to either Tess or SNB, because they're a better lynch for today than me, thank you?
And... not because you are Town?
This, and also the fact that if fartownik is right with his theory, both of these would be mislynches, as I said, I will only suspect them if you flip town.

Side note: Rip computer, gonna be on my phone for this whole game probably, so if I start checking less often, blame my lack of computer ;w;
MBomb
Also I hate only being able to embed 2 quotes rip
fartownik
Jesus fuck Irre, when will you learn.

Tess wrote:

Mawile
Opinion and Vote
Yeah, you couldn't put more GREEN color in there to prove how TOWN you are. Seriously, why.

So Tess is basically a roleblocker. If we don't lynch her, we should probably arrange who she targets with it during the Night.

Also I just noticed Ace Timing has no scumreads (besides null-scum Tess) after reading the whole thread at once. Weird.
fartownik
Also that "green color of doom" from Tess is a really clumsy fake townslip.
Drezi
An attempt at most, Pokemon name is not even colored in the PM.
Frostings
Hello, I'm back. Feeling a bit better, still have a minor headache. I'll take it slow

Drezi taking advantage of new players to learn roles so early in the game :roll:

fartownik wrote:

Jesus fuck Irre, when will you learn.

Tess wrote:

Mawile
Opinion and Vote
Yeah, you couldn't put more GREEN color in there to prove how TOWN you are. Seriously, why.
I was actually starting to think about unvoting Tess, but this is a good point that I would have missed.

Tess' role is provable, though it's not alignment-indicative, so not sure what we could do. For now, it remains, and I'm gonna read the posts more carefully later
Irreversible
Oh man, that green marking is really suspicious, which makes me really sad .. I had a good feeling about her being town, but now I'm really not sure anymore.

Unvote
fartownik
I want to see what she has to say about this.
Irreversible
Yeah.
Topic Starter
Navizel
Amianki has been prodded.
Birdy
Oh wow, didn't expect anything like this to happen.

At the rate that she's been functioning on lately, she'll probably just say "lynch me if you think that's the best for town, then".

Have IRL things to attend, I'll be back in 8~14 hours, not exactly sure when.
Amianki

fartownik wrote:

Also I just noticed Ace Timing has no scumreads (besides null-scum Tess) after reading the whole thread at once. Weird.
This combined with the associative tell he dropped with Jess on the last page makes me sliiiiiightly more okay with a Jess lynch.
show more