forum

Mafia in Hoenn Region - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
fartownik
Yay, SNB is jumping on me as an opportunity arises. FoS so hard.
Birdy
FoS all you want but I'm just here to state the facts.
Drezi
Ok, that checks out, but regarding his RVS stuff you might want to check some of his previous games, it's his usual stuff so pretty null from him to me.
Nyxa
I'm not elaborating on my reads because they're hunches, and I don't like egging people on with my hunches.

As for my reply to Frostings and Irre, my vote remains on Frostings because the fact that he's acting like he previously behaved when town isn't necessarily a reason to believe he's town. His overenthusiasm is a bit suspicious. I don't like elaborating too much on my suspicions though, since I'm afraid it'd get in the way of my observation.
Drezi

Tess wrote:

the fact that he's acting like he previously behaved when town isn't necessarily a reason to believe he's town..
yes, usual behavior = null
Nyxa
That's the thing I don't like about how things have been going so far. Nothing stands out in particular. Except for one thing, but it's fairly subtle. It'd take me too long to explain, considering the way things are going right now. So, I'm waiting for you guys to fuck up.
fartownik

Static Noise Bird wrote:

fartownik wrote:

It would be ridiculous to tunnel only one player for the entirety of the day.
But like if you think he's scum wouldn't you want to get him lynched instead of delaying it over night?
Also forgot to answer this, yes I would want him lynched AT THE MOMENT, but there's still 2 more scum awaiting and that read might be off considering it's just D1 and the game has just begun. Everything is still up to debate.
Nyxa
Perfect.
Nyxa
I also consider rEdo to be null-town, leaning more town than the others.
rEdo
farwedrnik seems to be on his time of this month.

V/LA for today, will post tomorrow noon (roughly ~30 hours from now).
rEdo
Man, I forgot. I turned the PC on exclusively to do just that.

Vote: Irreversible

Be right back.
Irreversible

rEdo wrote:

farwedrnik seems to be on his time of this month.

V/LA for today, will post tomorrow noon (roughly ~30 hours from now).
Why do you even play mafia if you're AFK the whole time anyway.
Nyxa
It'd be nice if more people could post so reads could be done.
Irreversible

Irreversible wrote:

I guess it's best to wait some other people to state their opinions.
I guess people don't want to wait

Prodding please!
Frostings

Tess wrote:

I'm not elaborating on my reads because they're hunches, and I don't like egging people on with my hunches.

Tess wrote:

I don't like elaborating too much on my suspicions though, since I'm afraid it'd get in the way of my observation.

Tess wrote:

Nothing stands out in particular. Except for one thing, but it's fairly subtle. It'd take me too long to explain, considering the way things are going right now.
So, do you just have no confidence, or is this for real

Tess wrote:

It'd take me too long to explain
I mean, we have like, what, 9 days until the deadline, surely you can explain it in that time. I mean, we are smart people (probably)
Frostings
And yes, I agree. I'll dismiss it for now since it's their first game but I would like Jess and Sniverre to step up

Amianki too
MBomb
I want to know if Sniverre's vote on Frostings was just a random vote or a legit vote, because it was done at a grey area, around when RVS ended, and if it is a legit vote, why did you vote him so early on?
Amianki

Irreversible wrote:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Irreversible, any thoughts so far? Specifically on Frostings and Tess?
Frostings: Trying to be obvious town, behaves really attention whoring for probably a reason which I don't know what it could be yet.
Tess: Seems to have a strategy hence why she's trying to be careful.

Why are you asking everyone about Tess and Frostings in specific?
^Scum thought processes, especially about outing that he thinks there's stuff going on that they're trying to keep on the down low, THEN asking why he's being asked about them.

Frostings wrote:

The only actual reads I have so far is Jess leaning town
If he's telling the truth about being new, no way a new-scum would publicly townread me, whereas I can see why a new-town would
Substantiate this, please.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

I have no idea about farto yet tbh, they're posting seemingly in-depth content but it's way too early to judge whether they're going to be helpful or non-content miniwalls or whatever. Their last vote was pretty funny. If it was not a reaction test, then I'd be less amused and more suspicious though.
What makes you think this is a reaction test? The way this is worded indicates that there are situations where it wouldn't be.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Wow really farto? You're getting way too emotional over simple accusations. FoS so hard.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

FoS all you want but I'm just here to state the facts.
If Fartownik ever dies and flips town, this slot jumps up to #1 scumspect.

Tess wrote:

That's the thing I don't like about how things have been going so far. Nothing stands out in particular. Except for one thing, but it's fairly subtle. It'd take me too long to explain, considering the way things are going right now. So, I'm waiting for you guys to fuck up.
Unless there's a specific reason that it shouldn't be stated, you should state it.
Amianki
Vote: Zexion
Nyxa
Of course there's a specific reason that it shouldn't be stated. Why else wouldn't I?
Topic Starter
Navizel

Votecount 1.5
fartownik -
Drezi -
Tess -
Irreversible (1) - rEdo
-[Jess]- (1) - Drezi
rEdo -
Sniverre235 (1) - Frostings
Zexion (1) - Amianki
- Magic Bomb - -
Frostings (3) - Tess, Sniverre235, fartownik
Amianki -
Static Noise Bird -

Not Voting: Irreversible, -[Jess]-, Zexion, - Magic Bomb -, Static Noise Bird

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline will be on July 25 8:30PM GMT -5. This is 8 days from now.
rEdo is V/LA for roughly 30 hours

Let me know if I made any mistakes.
Frostings
> posts big wall trying to out scum
> votes the one not mentioned in said wall

Amianki wrote:

Substantiate this, please.
Ok, "No way" is kinda exaggerated because who knows what actually goes on in people's minds, but usually first time scum players in only their second ever mafia game don't go running around picking out a specific person to legitimately townread at the very beginning of the game after rvs (I say legitimate because I'm pretty sure he actually read me as town from my fluff posts and from your own "Ok Frostings is town" post)
Not sure why this is such a big deal (got fartow's jimmies rustled as well) when it's a small read after rvs that might not become of anything, and it's not an "obvtown" post that you always do
Frostings
Vote: Tess ;)
Zexion

Irreversible wrote:

Zexion wrote:

@Irre: why is Drezi null-town? Just because he voted Jess early game for that silly read? I hardly find that enough content to assume that. MB (magic bomb) being null-scum for the excess of questions I suppose?
He got my towncred for pointing out good quotes, also seems to pay attention.
You never answered about MB tho, I would like to ask you again.

fartownik wrote:

Frostings wrote:

The read is real. There is no new player that joins his first/second game, gets placed in scumfaction and plays "nonsensical scum" on day 1. I was at L-4 as the game just started, and so I gave my honest reads to let you all know that I am actually paying attention to this game, not just making trash posts for no reason. I don't know why you keep bringing up Irre and the last game either, when this is a new game and different things happen. Not sure if you think I'm scum acting naive, but, believe it or not, I'm one of the people actually making analysis here, unlike half the others.
Your posts are filled with hypocrisy: "More scumpoints to you, you're digging a grave" because I make a "weak" read on one person? Take a look at yourself and what you're doing to me right now. You make a scumread on me (off of what?) and now you're trying to backup your arguments with absolutely no evidence
They don't need to pretend to play nonsensical scum to be nonsensical. They simply have no idea what they're doing thus they can do anything. I don't like your read at all. The fact that you make analysis doesn't make you Town. There's most likely scum in the lurking, but that's not the rule. Also really? Mafia is all about assumptions, much less evidence. You can't really have 'evidence' on anyone in this game if you really want to go there, you can only assume to a certain point and base your actions on those assumptions. So far I assume you're a good candidate for being scum, that's all. I've made my points in previous posts, they may be trivial to you, but they're more or less scumtells to me.
Just to add to the meaning of this: While I agree with most of the post, I would have to disagree with the evidence part: there are some mechanics that could allow such evidence to exist, but for the most part, it is a game of assumptions and conversation.

Also the Frostings thing felt really forced, like if you were trying to desperately prove him as scum... Also what's the point on being so aggresive, like:

fartownik wrote:

Frostings wrote:

We make assumptions based on evidence. You're just admitting that your accusations are empty
You're seriously starting to annoy the fuck out of me. I'm not even gonna answer this.
This really felt unnecesary and could have been answered in a better way... I know he you had a lot of reasons you already posted to lynch him but the way you did it didn't felt right.

Tess wrote:

Please don't be a secretive player. That would make me scumread you for the entirety of the game. If you don't have the intention to explain a certain thing, then don't mention you have that thing. (you get the idea, right?)

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

I want to know if Sniverre's vote on Frostings was just a random vote or a legit vote, because it was done at a grey area, around when RVS ended, and if it is a legit vote, why did you vote him so early on?
Seems to me Sniverre was on RVS yet. Do you suspect them as scum with only two posts?

-----------------------------

3 AM here. Stopping for now.

Also on a game-unrelated thing: is there anyway to know how to address each player (he, she) that could really help me make my posts lol.
Nyxa
I didn't want to mention said thing, was kind of pushed into it. Also, secretive does not mean scum.
MBomb

Zexion wrote:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Seems to me Sniverre was on RVS yet. Do you suspect them as scum with only two posts?
I don't suspect him as scum, but at the same time, their lack of posts, as well as what could be taken as jumping on the wagon, is a tiny bit suspicious, hence why I want reasoning for the vote.
Drezi

Tess wrote:

I didn't want to mention said thing, was kind of pushed into it. Also, secretive does not mean scum.
Lurking doesn't mean scum either, but it certainly is easier for them, just like acting busy tracking down unnamed scumreads, but never actually explaining said suspicions.

I fully expect you to reveal your thoughts you were referring to when it's ok to do so, even if the case has become moot. So we know they actually existed and you weren't just saying pretty empty words :)
Drezi
So yeah I'm looking at you Sniverre and Jess.

I want the Frostings townread explained, and any updates based on the past like 10 pages of posts lol. If you're town, don't fret just honestly tell us what made you think of him as town.
Nyxa
I support what Drezi said.
fartownik

Zexion wrote:

Tess wrote:

Please don't be a secretive player. That would make me scumread you for the entirety of the game.
Nice scumslip mate.

Unvote
Vote: Zexion
Nyxa
Please explain to me how that is a scumslip.
fartownik
He "would" scumread you if you were a secretive player, but you already are one. I read it as "if I were Town, I would scumread you for the entirety of the game".
Nyxa
Ah, you read "would" as "would have". Fair enough.
fartownik
Well, perhaps? The first thing that came to my mind when reading that sentence was "scumslip". Notice that Zexion has operated with almost perfect english in his previous posts.
Drezi
I don't think it should be "would have" in that case anyway, game is still ongoing.
Drezi
Also I don't think it's a scumslip. He requested not to be secretive so following that, I read it as "if you continued that behavior - it would make me scumread you...", which sounds fine to me, but well I'm not a native speaker.
-[Jess]-
oh hey

reading now,will post later
Nyxa
I see.
AlyNight

Drezi wrote:

So yeah I'm looking at you Sniverre and Jess.

I want the Frostings townread explained, and any updates based on the past like 10 pages of posts lol. If you're town, don't fret just honestly tell us what made you think of him as town.
Sorry for the very late reply, but when I first saw the amount of vote for frostings..I figured that I should follow the crowd. Since I do not really want to change at all for who I vote, so I will just stick to Frostings. Since I am completely new in mafia, he may be equally good and equally bad in my senses.
P.S:
I am really sorry for the low amount of post counts but I come here frequently to read. I do not have much intention to post here unless it is important.
Drezi

Sniverre235 wrote:

I do not have much intention to post here unless it is important.
Well, we do not have much intention of tolerating that you know. Try to post your thoughts on stuff it doesn't need to be super important.
show more