forum

In-game Skin Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +63
Topic Starter
-[ Sakamoto ]-
Okay, since I change/edit my skins a lot, and I don't remember the button combo to refresh the skin.ini file, an in-game skin editor would be monstrously helpful.
It would be in the options menu, and there would be a list of skins currently in your skins folder to choose from.
You choose a skin to edit, click a button that says "Add Skin Elements" or "Remove Skin Elements" and depending on which box you clicked on, either a file picker Explorer window (you'd need to download skin elements from certain websites or pick them from your different skins) or a list of which skin elements are in said skin folder with an icon previewing what each of them look like.
You click on them to delete them with a prompt confirming that you want to delete them, or Ctrl+Click each element you want to delete and then hit backspace, with the same prompt box coming up to confirm that you want to delete the skin elements.
After you are done, you click "Apply Changes to this Skin" and the screen goes black for a few seconds and when it comes back, the skin elements you deleted/added shouldn't/should be there.
This would be helpful because I'm sure people don't want to navigate to their Skins folder (Probably located in %appdata%/osu! unless your like me and you installed it on a portable drive) just to add like 1 or 2 elements to a skin and then have to restart osu! for them to change as it's a bit tedious when you add stuff to a skin and restart osu! just to find a different skin element that looks better than the one you already put in your skin.
ForeverFabulous
So it would kinda look like this?
Standard
This is the Osu Standard version
Catch The Beat
This is the CTB version
Mania
This is the Mania version
Taiko
This is the Taiko version
XinCrin
I'm not really sure if this is necessary. Did you know about this?
osu!next
flye said : These are the major hints of the game’s future direction. This ain’t a step forward, but a huge leap forward, enabling the community to go batshit crazy with osu! Create elements and drag them arou..
drum drum

XinCrin wrote:

I'm not really sure if this is necessary. Did you know about this?
osu!next
peppy already gave that reply in their thread
ForeverFabulous

XinCrin wrote:

Create elements and drag them arou..

Create and drag is one thing. Sakamoto's idea is to make a more easier and more new user friendly skin maker as show by the pics i made

EDIT: thanks drum drum for that post :D